Level 2 Build Thread - 1/4 Scale Nike Smoke

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job on the rocket build.

Good luck going for your L2.

That bridge was amazing.

Thanks for sharing.

Lamp:
The 5.5" is a DD bird, Most any 75mm Load would put it allot higher than where I'd like to pop the main, For my location anyway.

Thanks Gary, it is as I suspected but there is no parts diagram that I can find for the 5.5".

COrocket said:
Just to clear things up...I didn't loose the Smoke...It was a side story about my first shot at L2. I have not launched the Nike yet. Hopefully I will get a chance in February.

OK, well I hope it all goes well.
So far I have only flown my Smoke on a J90W (on a calm day). The long slow boost was spectacular....I'll have to retro-fit an av bay in the nosecone and use a tether because I would love to be able to put it up on a K185W. :)

L2...A Success!!!!!

My flight was at the February 12 launch at the Northeast Florida Association of Rocketry (NEFAR). The rocket flew on a Gorilla J607WC. It had a lot of kick to it, with a flight to an estimated 3000 feet. A very special thanks to Jim Harris, who loaned me the hardware and even took this picture. If you've never tried Gorilla motors, they are great! I'll post the video as soon as i get it from my group members...

Chris L2 J607WC.jpg

Congratulations :D

Looks like a great boost. I'll have to drag race you next time you're out here in CO. J825s perhaps?

Back