Level 2 attempt

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeadHunter

Reaction score
Here we go again, off to the best place in the world to launch rockets, The Blackrock desert. The launch site is out on the playa or dry lakebed. I hope to get my level 2 certification this weekend. In an attempt to adhere to the K.I.S.S. method I am going to send a PML Intruder up on a 5 grain Pro38 (J285-15). Rocksim puts it at about 5500’ with a max velocity of 870 feet per second, which is about the upper end for the QT airframe. Should be interesting.

For any of you western state types here is the info:

July 30th

Aeronaut-EX - Black Rock Desert Waiver 100,000ft MSL (96,000 ft AGL) Experimental Launch- Spectators are not allowed at EX launches $30 per person attending

July 31st, August 1st

Aeronaut 2004 - Black Rock Desert Waiver 100,000ft MSL (96,000 ft AGL) Night launch with 4,000 ft (AGL) waiver, J motors and under, for Saturday night July 31st. All HPR rockets must carry visible strobes.Setup Thursday 29th.Please sign up for launch duty. $30 per person to launch $5 per day for everyone else

For more information go to the
AERO-PAC website

Very cool. That intruder is a great rocket. Mine is in the rebuild phase... It should be interesing to see how the quantum handels it. If it stays together (which it probably will) I'd be interested to see if there are stress lines in the paint. Should be interesting nonetheless, but it should stay together, id think. Well, good luck!

...going to Black Rock to cert L2..."Well hello Mr. Fancypants..." What a cow pasture surrounded by a ring of trees too challenging for ya?? :D

Seriously, I will make it B.R. one year. I hope to make it to a Balls event. Best of luck to you and your cert attempt. "Just Do it' so you can come tell us the good news...

Originally posted by Johnnierkt
...going to Black Rock to cert L2..."Well hello Mr. Fancypants..." What a cow pasture surrounded by a ring of trees too challenging for ya?? :D

Seriously, I will make it B.R. one year. I hope to make it to a Balls event. Best of luck to you and your cert attempt. "Just Do it' so you can come tell us the good news...

lol :D It's the cows:eek:

Good luck to you:)
I think the QT airframe will hold, take pics, or even better get a video:)

Good luck, guys! Can't wait to hear the reports, and see the pictures! Remember - some people around here keep Vinnie and Tony on speed dial for pic enforcement...

Loopy

Back