Level 1 Success

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketgroupmike

Reaction score
2503 feet, and one of the few dry landing spots in the whole field. Yahoo! The motor was an I300T, and man, that got my PML Sudden Rush off the pad quick... Looking forward to Level 2 next year with a J180T. I just love that Blue Thunder!

max acceleration: 15.9 G's
max velocity: 448 feet/second
max altitude: 2503 feet
time to apogee: 11.25 seconds
total elapsed time: 78.6 seconds

Good Deal...!!! and Congratulations...!!!

Question though... Has anyone else noticed that your picture looks somewhat "wonkyjawed"...???

The flame doesn't appear to be coming out straight... It looks as if it should be doing loops...

It's probably just the angle that we're looking at... anyway...

again, Congrats... I'll be going for level 1 in the spring...!!!

Steward

Steward - I wondered the same thing! Was it really gusty?? lol

Congratulations!

I'm in Norton... The launch was at the Frontier field. As for the photo quality, I think I was starting to move when the shutter opened. My camera has a bit of a delay after the button is pushed :confused:

you doin any winter launches? if so i'd love to join you. PM me i get rocket sick when i dont launch for more than a month. lol.

also, do you launch with a club or solo?

Only with the club for the big stuff, and I'll be at all the Frontier Rocketry launches that aren't called off. Of course, my LPR's can launch anytime, do you know any good fields in my area?

i dont know the Norton area of MA. sorry. there are some good fields up here in northern MA, but the one we use for CMASS isnt public, and the one in tewksbury isnt that great for HPR. theres one in lowell, shed park, but its not stellar. it would support an H though. but its lowell, so we'd probably be shot and robbed before we unpacked. lol.

your area would normally be too far for me to go just for BP flights, but I also might get desperate! ;) I'm definitely planning on checking out CMASS in '05, especially for the Fliskits b'day party. I'd planned on attending this year, but couldn't make the rain date...

its a great organization. the field in CMASS is awesome for what it is. big enough for I flights, J's under 3k'. i've lost every rocket that i've flown there...which doesnt speak well of it. lol. but i've been nutty. one loss was a star dart on a C6-5 unpainted on an overcast day, that was just asking to be lost, the next, SAME DAY was an estes eliminator(loved that rocket) on a E9-6, then was my LOC onyx on a G80, then was the loc Aura on a G80, which got close to mach. seriously though, it was windy on most of those, the only one where there wasnt over 10mph winds was the AURA, and where it sims to 3300', it wasnt surprising. most rockets get recovered there. i just like to push the limits.

Latest posts

Back