Level 1 Success

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LMazza

Reaction score
Well, I'm finally 18 and I finally got my level 1 cert at the annual CTRA/NARCONN Invitational this past weekend. The weather was perfect and so was the flight for which I used my Public Enemy Honest John on an H242T-S. I must say, it feels great to finally be able to fly HPR legitimately. :D

I was there to witness the flight - it was perfect.
Great job Luke!!!

Congrats on the certification! I'm just finishing my PE / HoJo and plan on launching it in the next month or so.

Several questions about your HoJo - did you use the launch lugs supplied w/ the kit (as opposed to rail buttons using some sort of stand-off arrangement)? Also, did you use a single chute or two (the PE web site recommends using a separate chute for the nosecone assembly depending on the weight).

I would like to put a Pro38 J285 in the HoJo; however, I used a Giant Leap fireball inside the airframe, and I doubt I'm going to have room for "J".

Again, congrats!
John Murrill

Congrats! I've only got 6 months until I can cert! I've got it all figured out. I'll be using my 4" NCR Phantom 4000 and a H97J. Then I'm going all out and throwing a H238 and a pair of E18W's in it! :) That'll be REALLY fun!

Have any pics of the launch?

Jason

Great job LMazza ! So how long did you have to wait after your B'day? Certing L1 with a PE kit on an H242 sounds familiar :)

Several questions about your HoJo - did you use the launch lugs supplied w/ the kit (as opposed to rail buttons using some sort of stand-off arrangement)? Also, did you use a single chute or two (the PE web site recommends using a separate chute for the nosecone assembly depending on the weight).

I would like to put a Pro38 J285 in the HoJo; however, I used a Giant Leap fireball inside the airframe, and I doubt I'm going to have room for "J".

Murrill, I used the stock launch lugs for the HoJo. You have to be careful in placing them because of the weird positioning but mine worked out fine and flies arrow straight. I use a single chute. I highly recommend upgrading the chute to a 48" unless you're flying in something soft like deep grass. As for long motors, the chute compartment is very small, the largest I've heard of fitting is a J350 and that's a very tight fit. Some people have extended their's and added dual deployment but it just doesn't look right too me.

Jetra, pics are being developed. Hopefully I caught it!

rstaff, I turned 18 on August 15th. Not sure if I know what you mean about the PE kit certification thing.

Thanks for the congrats guys. :)

Congratulations and welcome to high power. Get ready to really spend some $$$! :D

Back