Level 1 Certification Success With Estes Leviathan

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations! :cheers: I cannot wait until I start building my L1 rocket when i'm 18.

Congratulations! :cheers: I cannot wait until I start building my L1 rocket when i'm 18.

Thanks soxfan.

Do you have a rocket picked out yet? I see your asking for suggestions. Its a tough decision sometimes since there are so many rockets to choose from and what one person may like the next might suggest something different. It really comes down to personal preference and what catches your eye. Keep us posted on your progress and when the day comes you hear your count down it's quite the rush and excitment.

Ken

Thanks guys for the wonderful comments.

Chuck, yes the Estes Pro Series are tough enough to fly on lower impulse H motors for level 1 certification and affordable before moving up and emptying the wallet as many have mentioned.

I'm just in the priming stage of my Estes Pro Series II, Mega Der Red Max that my wife and kids got me this past Christmas and was thinking of flying that on a smaller H also. I fiber-glassed the balsa sheeted fins for added strength in case I want to try it. You could say the HP bug has set in :facepalm:

Ken

I realize this was in Canada and the rules are probably different, but one there is another advantage of the Leviathan for a Level 1 Cert bird.... at least in the US: It can be flown with a baby H under FAR 101 rules, so no waiver is needed.

Back