Level 1 Build: The Zephyr!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for showing the Zephyr. Really, really, really interested in this rocket.

I fly with the Mid-South Rocket Society in Memphis, Tennessee. As Elvis would say, "Ho, momma!"

Did you tie off the main chute shock cord to the nosecone loop? If so, I'd warn against that. While they might look sturdy, they can be prone to breaking. I speak from experience there. On the first flight of my scratch-built 3" with a Madcow PNC3.00 plastic nosecone, the loop broke.

Just a minor detail question. Is the decal green or a teal looking color like the picture posted of the build. Very nice looking rocket.

It's my camera , it leans toward the blue hue .
I took another one but here is another pic that looks to be a bit more color accurate.

Attachments

• 20190113_113847.jpg
    20190113_113847.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 77
probably a bit of 'UV' in the light from the flash skewing the colors about.

What motor did you end up going with?
Sorry for how long it took to get back to you. It went up on a AT H180
Very nice, congrats! That's a beautiful rocket.
Thank you so much ! :) She use to be cleaner but its been in storage for almost 2 years :p
awesome
Great photo
Zephyr is a fun rocket to launch forsure
I will add same question.. what motor did you go with
Thanks ! Im a photographer but I had never taken photos of rockets in flight so I decided to bring my camera to the launch, im very grateful to the guy who let me barrow his 70-200 2.8 GM ( A Telephoto lens )
It was a very fun launch !
I went with a AT H180

The photo files are to big to be uploaded here so if you guys want to see all of them you can go to my website
https://starburst-photography.com/event-portfolio/rocc-11282020

Good job! It looks like a great cert flight — congratulations on that. And the pictures on your website are really good.

Sorry for how long it took to get back to you. It went up on a AT H180

Thank you so much ! :) She use to be cleaner but its been in storage for almost 2 years :p

Thanks ! Im a photographer but I had never taken photos of rockets in flight so I decided to bring my camera to the launch, im very grateful to the guy who let me barrow his 70-200 2.8 GM ( A Telephoto lens )
It was a very fun launch !
I went with a AT H180

The photo files are to big to be uploaded here so if you guys want to see all of them you can go to my website
https://starburst-photography.com/event-portfolio/rocc-11282020
Great photos
Congrats again!!!

Can someone get me a scan of the fins with a ruler (1mm/ 1/16" measures or finer) laid along the root edge? I'd like to do a sim (and possibly a tutorial on how to do holes in fins).

Attachments

• Zephyr fin.JPG
    Zephyr fin.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 0
Back