Quantcast

Level 1 Build: The Zephyr!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Crawf56

Pig Soooiiieee!!
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for showing the Zephyr. Really, really, really interested in this rocket.

I fly with the Mid-South Rocket Society in Memphis, Tennessee. As Elvis would say, "Ho, momma!"

mccordmw

Reaction score
Did you tie off the main chute shock cord to the nosecone loop? If so, I'd warn against that. While they might look sturdy, they can be prone to breaking. I speak from experience there. On the first flight of my scratch-built 3" with a Madcow PNC3.00 plastic nosecone, the loop broke.

crossfire

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Just a minor detail question. Is the decal green or a teal looking color like the picture posted of the build. Very nice looking rocket.

Precision3D

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Just a minor detail question. Is the decal green or a teal looking color like the picture posted of the build. Very nice looking rocket.
I would say a darkish green. I'm not good with colors but its definitely some sort of green I don't see any blue in it.

crossfire

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Its maybe my tablet. Decal looks a teal color and fins and tube strip do look green.
Thanks

Rex R

LV2
Reaction score
probably a bit of 'UV' in the light from the flash skewing the colors about.

DRAGON64

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Your build turned out very nice, love the time lapse video. The CTI H110 should do the trick, best of luck!

Precision3D

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
What motor did you end up going with?
Sorry for how long it took to get back to you. It went up on a AT H180
Very nice, congrats! That's a beautiful rocket.
Thank you so much ! :) She use to be cleaner but its been in storage for almost 2 years :p
awesome
Great photo
Zephyr is a fun rocket to launch forsure
I will add same question.. what motor did you go with
Thanks ! Im a photographer but I had never taken photos of rockets in flight so I decided to bring my camera to the launch, im very grateful to the guy who let me barrow his 70-200 2.8 GM ( A Telephoto lens )
It was a very fun launch !
I went with a AT H180

The photo files are to big to be uploaded here so if you guys want to see all of them you can go to my website

ThirstyBarbarian

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Good job! It looks like a great cert flight — congratulations on that. And the pictures on your website are really good.

Tyler P

Nom-nom-nom...
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I also have a video of this build, I just need to finish painting it then I'll edit and post the video! :)
You clearly enjoy taking pictures, haha! Nice shots of the process!

Adam3836

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for how long it took to get back to you. It went up on a AT H180

Thank you so much ! :) She use to be cleaner but its been in storage for almost 2 years :p

Thanks ! Im a photographer but I had never taken photos of rockets in flight so I decided to bring my camera to the launch, im very grateful to the guy who let me barrow his 70-200 2.8 GM ( A Telephoto lens )
It was a very fun launch !
I went with a AT H180

The photo files are to big to be uploaded here so if you guys want to see all of them you can go to my website
Great photos
Congrats again!!!

Latest posts