LEUP Magazine

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hospital_Rocket

Reaction score
I need to acquire an appropriate magazine for motors and expect to use one of the small type 4's. Does anybody have any recommendations as to a source?

I got one at Cabela's like this:
Link

I got lucky and found one in their "Bargain Cave" for, I believe, $60 or $75 ( I can't now recall exactly what price I paid). I had to replace one key that was missing and did get very lucky in finding one. I have not, however, had it approved for onsite storage yet. My LEUP still is for off-site storage but I do hope to change that one of these days.

Good luck!

Yipe!

$250 for a steel box? Oh this is gonna tax my wife's patience. Anyone got any idea how to convince their wife that a steel box for explosives is a good christmas lpresent?

A

Of course I'm saying this in jest...!!!

In the middle of the night...
after they knock the door down. they enter your house with automatic weapons drawn...
Lots of yelling and screaming... Local news crews following them in...
Tell her it's just for peace of mind...

" The preceding is just a figment of my warped imagination"
and in no way reflects on this forum or on politics in general...

Besides... we really gotta have an approved magazine anyway...!!!

I would like to think I'm prepared...LOL!!!

Please everyone laugh...!!!

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
I need to acquire an appropriate magazine for motors and expect to use one of the small type 4's. Does anybody have any recommendations as to a source?

I converted a military surplus ammo can. I put two sets of hinges and hasps and staples on it and use big Masterlock padlocks with 1/4" shielding around the shackle. I used the original dense fiberboard lining. It was approved as an indoor magazine in my detached garage.

Total cost was around $50, of which half was for the locks. (I shopped around and got a deal from a local locksmith).

The city decided this year that they're not going to inspect it any more--it's "not a hazard" worth the license fee to them. But the BATF comes by once in a while.

FWIW,

--tc

Back