LEUP Forms Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SSenesy

Reaction score
As I fill out the collection of forms that I've received from the ATF, there are 2 that I can't find any background references, or instructions about. The forms are:

5000.29 Environmental Information
5000.30 Supplemental Information on Water Quality Considerations

My 'interpretation' is that just storing materials should have no impact on either of these, but am not sure if the ATF includes usage of the materials in it's consideration as well.

I'd appreciate anyone's experiences submitting these forms for your LEUP. What worked for you?

Thanks!

I think, I left those forms out when I sent the app. in. Can't remember for sure. If they are reqiured the inspector will ask you for them at the inspection. You should be able to fill them out then.

I have ignored them.

If you look at 27 CFR 555.49 you will find the requirement:

The applicant for a license has submitted the certificate
required by section 21 of the Federal Water Pollution Control Act, as
amended (33 U.S.C. 1341);

Which requires that any applicant for a federal license or permit submit a certificate from their state...

But since what you are doing will not impact a navigable waterway, the federal law is moot.

(addenda) I dug up the copy of form 5000.29 sent to me for my last renewal. This is an old form from the Department of Treasury days. I checked and the ATF has no forms 5000.29 or 5000.30 nor are they approved for use by the OMB. If what you have are old forms then they are not approved collections and by law no penalty can be imposed for not using them. You can find the current (and OMB approved for use by TTB) version of the forms at the TTB web site.

Last edited:
Ok, that makes sense. The old versions of the forms (2/97) were included in my packet, although they were not listed on the checklist of required items. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Thanks for the info.

Hi all,

I just submitted my LEUP paperwork in October 08 and there was no such forms needed. I have had my site visit and there was no mention of them. I had other issues but they have been worked through and I should have my LEUP in the next week. I have nothing but praise for the agents I worked with here in Florida. They were very friendly and helpful in every way possible. Good luck and it will done before you know it.

JimmYL

Back