Lets support our youth by doing business with Rocket Guts and Underdog Rockets!!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocket trike

Reaction score
I have delt with both of these business and let me tell you they are both ran with great detail. They have great customer service and will work with you any way they can.

Rocket guts does some great custom cutting of Fins They have done our Lightning Strike fins and they turned out great. They have also done some centering rings that we will be using in a future kit and I have heard that they do great Vinyl declas. Thye even have a great kit coming out in the future.

On to Underdog Rockets. I will be starting to handle their Crayon Rocket and have sold out of the first order before it even got to me and had to place a second order. They look like they are a great kit. I have even work with them to put together a kit that will convert your Crayon bank into a rocket and they will be at our web site in the future. I also know that Doug from Rebar Rocketry www.rebar-rocketry.com has the same feeling I do about business.

The thing that needs to be pointed out about these business is that they are both ran by High School Students that is raising money for their TARC teams. None of the money that they are making from the sales at these businesses go into their pockets. I can not beleive how good these businesses are ran with the little time they must have with school home work and their TARC rockets.

So the point that I am getting at is that it is great to see a group of High School students working to do what they like and not looking for hand outs. I feel that we need allot more youth doing thing like this.

So if you are in the need for some Centering rings, Custom Fins or Vinyl decals go to www.rocketguts.com and you will not be disapointed.

For some great kits go to www.underdogrockets.com and order some kits.

Lets support our youth and get them to the Finals of the TARC.

Tom
www.rocketheadrockets.com

Thanks a lot Tom! I really appreciate your support as well as Doug's! You are helping us tremendously. You really do not know how much! Thanks again!!:D
-Patrick

I have not dealt with Underdog Rockets, but I have dealt with Rocketguts. As opposed to your experience, Tom, I did not have a completely satisfactory experience. I ordered three rings from them for my 8" rocket I'm building. I then accidentally gave them the wrong measurement for the ID of the tube, and as such, the rings are approximately 1/4" small on all sides. When I contacted Matt from RocketGuts about this, he constantly refused most all offers and reasoning to give me a seriously discounted price, and when we finally settled on *something*, he wouldn't remember that we had settled, so I'm either stuck paying over 2/3rds of the original price because of horrible customer service, or paying well over $40 for PML rings.

Rocketguts gets a thumbs-down on customer service from me. Sorry Matt, it had to be said!

Jason

Originally posted by jetra2
I have not dealt with Underdog Rockets, but I have dealt with Rocketguts. As opposed to your experience, Tom, I did not have a completely satisfactory experience. I ordered three rings from them for my 8" rocket I'm building. I then accidentally gave them the wrong measurement for the ID of the tube, and as such, the rings are approximately 1/4" small on all sides. When I contacted Matt from RocketGuts about this, he constantly refused most all offers and reasoning to give me a seriously discounted price, and when we finally settled on *something*, he wouldn't remember that we had settled, so I'm either stuck paying over 2/3rds of the original price because of horrible customer service, or paying well over $40 for PML rings.

Rocketguts gets a thumbs-down on customer service from me. Sorry Matt, it had to be said!

Jason

Jason,

First, I would like to say we charged you $26 for there (3) rings, including shipping. PML would have charged you $32.75 a ring, giving you a total of $98.25 without shipping. Upon receiving the rings, you later complained that it was our fault because the rings did not fit your tube, eventhough you were the one at fault by telling us the wrong measurements. You then said you wanted all three rings for approximately $10-$15, clearly knowing you were taking advantage of us.

"so I'm either stuck paying over 2/3rds of the original price because of horrible customer service, or paying well over $40 for PML rings."

I'm sorry you find yourself "stuck" at paying about $15 for rings that would have costed you $98.25 from PML.

Also, as per your very own words:
"I recently received my custom 1/2" 9 ply centering rings from Rocket Guts. They are TOP NOTCH! I highly recommend that you get your parts from them. They can do anything you need them to, and in a hurry! Kudos to Rocket Guts!"

-Jason Toft, NAR #82997
(https://www.rocketguts.com/Pages/customer%20feedback.htm)

I never said I wasn't going to buy the replacements, but my treatment and the treatment of others I've talked to changed my decision to post that the customer service it not the best in the world. As many rocketeers believe, great customer service is the absolute best thing that a company can have. I never said the parts weren't of great quality or anything, but the customer service department needs improvement.

Oh, and another thing - that comment you posted of me was not exactly forced, but almost everytime we talked over AIM, you asked me for one. I didn't want to dissapoint you, so I wrote that in the best terms possible.

Let's take this pissin' match somewhere else...

On a final note, the people on this forum have to understand that there have been many, many glowing reviews of RocketGuts, but it would not be fair of me to be looking at all these glowing reviews and not post the things that need improvement in their business. I fully try to support, in one way or another, the youth in our hobby, be it buying something from them or helping them out with whatever they need. I stand by my recommendation of RocketGuts' quality parts, but they need to improve customer service.

Jason

Email from one of our recent customers:

Matthew,

Thanks for the heads up on the shippment of the vinal decals. Thank you for
maintaining such good communications. It shows an extreme dedication to
customer relations that should take you a long way. I will certainly
recommend "Rocketguts" to all of my friends and fellow club members.

Respectfully,

*********** (customer's name kept private)

Originally posted by jetra2

Jason

Let me get this straight.

You ordered the wrong thing and wanted a discount because of that? And when you got it, claim this is bad customer service?

The first part is simple: their material and labor costs the same whether you get it right or not. They did as you asked and deserve to be paid. Something that's commonly stocked is one thing, but these are custom cut jobs, not something someone else is going to come along and ask for later.

The second part is a lot harder. It takes a lot of cajones to expect someone else to pay for your mistakes, but it takes something more to go public and claim that you've made such a demand AND that by not knuckling under to it, they're giving bad service. The hard part is in trying to bend my head around what passes for logic in this.

so, how 'bout them Red Sox, eh?

===========================
Ok, everyone back off here! I have a loaded dragon, and I ain't afraid to use it!

Let's see if we can get this thread back on track here.

Tom began this thread in support of moneys being raised for a TARC team.
This is a good thing.

Phaar responded with a "thank you" and so did rocketsonly.
This too is a good thing

===========================

next?

I'm just thinking that Matt might have asked Tom to do this. He did it to me. I'm not replying to this thread anymore...this was a sensitive subject for me, and I believe that this will be the best course of action to prevent me from unneeded stress and hardships...but you should hear Edward's story...that'll show you why I'm publicly bashing Rocketguts' business ethics and values.

Jason

Rocket Guts or Underdog Rockets did not ask me to put this thread on here. I have received things from both of these companies and feel they at shot at people business. I have not had any problems from either of them they have both worked with me great and always work with me on my problems. When ordering the Fins for my Lightning Strike there was a few that was cut a little wrong and when I told them about them I had new ones within a few days.

I am just glad to see these teams doing something to raise money for their teams and are not taking hand outs. This is my feeling and I was not asked to put this on here.

Tom

Back