Lets Show off Our Best Looking micros!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScrapDaddy

Reaction score
Ok Micromeister, You Asked For It! Lets Post Pictures of Your Best looking Micros!, And Please Don't Show The Little plastic Bricks that Quest Gives you
(i have to admit they are Good looking plastic bricks:D)

Very KEWL Bill!
I love that Little joe-I, it's gotta be one of the best looking micro Scale models i've seen. And that is a WHOLE other thread subject. Micro Scale

Wait did you mean Micro Scale? Woops English is funny that way but anyway this thread is here so might as well use it :D

My favorite is my mini Astron Spaceplane. Best flight was almost a minute glide but boy does it not like any wind during glide.

I haven't flown the Herc yet...but I will!

I tried to fly the herc but...I forgot the launch lug.:eek:

Micros.jpg

Ok Micromeister, You Asked For It! Lets Post Pictures of Your Best looking Micros!, And Please Don't Show The Little plastic Bricks that Quest Gives you
(i have to admit they are Good looking plastic bricks:D)

Scrap, shouldn't this thread start with you showing off some of your models?:confused:

Try making a miniture apogee SaturnV with all the coragated wraps, centering rings, coustom tubing..... Balh blah blah :)

Scrapdaddy:
I an no more pick a single mico as my favorite then I could one of my kids over the other. They are all special to me as are my models.
When Micro's came into being it became a labor of love if you will to recreate all the REALLY KEWL and outstanding models from the golden age of rocktry in this slightly smaller scale.

While I can't pick just one of the 170+ individual Micro models in my current fleet here are two of the most requrested and most flown. 1st is the model I chose for my avatar and best flying Micro models in the fleet; the 3X Minimum Diameter T2+ downscale Interceptor with it's display stand booster. This one model more than almost any of my other micros has had more flying time with 42 logged flights. During that time it's been hung in a tree and had 3 shockline replacements. She's starting to look a little worn aroung the edges but it's still one of my favorites.

The other Most flown "favorite's" are my 2 T4 Downscle Der Red Max in winter and Summer camouflage paint schemes with a working launcher diorama constructed from the photo on the pack page of an original Der Red Max from back in the day. the launch and combined models have over a 14 flights.

Are you asking to see what I think are my Best looking Micro Models or are you talking about real Micro Scale models. There is a huge difference. Micro Scale models, that is micro models of real flying space vehicles and missiles is a completely different subject and should have it's own thread.

MM 234b_& c_Der Red Camo Max's_03-03-04.jpg

DRM base19c_Diorama & 2 models Complete_03-03-04.jpg

Try making a miniture apogee SaturnV with all the coragated wraps, centering rings, coustom tubing..... Balh blah blah :)

While I haven't done a micro Saturn vehicle yet I have done a downscale BT-5 Orion corrugated wraps, centering rings. custom tubing, turned parts balh, blah blah as you put it.

Like Rokitflite, I'd really like to see something you've put together also. talk is really very cheap...seeing what we're doing often helps.

MM 348p05a-sm_Orion Corrugation & details applied_07-12-08.JPG

MM 348p05b-sm_Orion Frt Wrap & LL_07-12-08.JPG

MM 348p05c-sm_Frt & rear Warps Close_07-12-08.JPG

MM 348p08b_MM Orion T5-Kc-8 Decaled Complete_07-14-08.jpg

Ok I will just promise you won't laugh :) (I'm not really into sratch building micros just yet but it's on my to do list after (machbuster, superroc,cluster payloader, the Nell, a 4-stager (13mm and 3X18mm)clustered multi-stage and then finally micro maxx (I don't know why it's so far down there) Iv really only got one and it's the little Bic Stic one from art applewhite :eek: (the only one I built before I got tangled up in other projects......:D and I'll try to remember to start a build thread about them

Scrapdaddy:
I an no more pick a single mico as my favorite then I could one of my kids over the other. They are all special to me as are my models.
When Micro's came into being it became a labor of love if you will to recreate all the REALLY KEWL and outstanding models from the golden age of rocktry in this slightly smaller scale.

While I can't pick just one of the 170+ individual Micro models in my current fleet here are two of the most requrested and most flown. 1st is the model I chose for my avatar and best flying Micro models in the fleet; the 3X Minimum Diameter T2+ downscale Interceptor with it's display stand booster. This one model more than almost any of my other micros has had more flying time with 42 logged flights. During that time it's been hung in a tree and had 3 shockline replacements. She's starting to look a little worn aroung the edges but it's still one of my favorites.

The other Most flown "favorite's" are my 2 T4 Downscle Der Red Max in winter and Summer camouflage paint schemes with a working launcher diorama constructed from the photo on the pack page of an original Der Red Max from back in the day. the launch and combined models have over a 14 flights.

Are you asking to see what I think are my Best looking Micro Models or are you talking about real Micro Scale models. There is a huge difference. Micro Scale models, that is micro models of real flying space vehicles and missiles is a completely different subject and should have it's own thread.

Micro models period I could be anything.....

Although I am not really into the micro stuff, I have some major respect for you guys, especially, but not limited to Micromeister for the detail you put into these rockets. It amazes and intrigues me to no end. I wish I had that amount of artistic skill. :clap:

LOL!!! love the "John boat"!
and your Avatar is kinda intersting as well...looks a little like my old Fender Strat. Not a micro either but nostalgic sigh! Sorry WAY of topic!

Back to Micros.

Not to further digress but I have to ask:

Looks like your plugged into a Silvertone head on it's matching cabinet.
Is that the all tube version?

Not to further digress but I have to ask:

Looks like your plugged into a Silvertone head on it's matching cabinet.
Is that the all tube version?

Yep sure it. In all the years that's the only amp I've owned, still works like a charm. It's the 6-10" speaker models.

sorry for the distraction. I better add another micro model or two. 2.5x downscale Laser-X and Courier

MM 350p01e-sm_MM Courier (T2+) Complete_10-23-08.jpg

Wow, really nice stuff! (Unfortunately, I have fat fingers and have to stick with things that are much larger.)

Here's two of my cardstock MMX builds.
A Ghauri IRBM and a Convair MX-774.

Ghauri IRBM.JPG

Convair MX-774.JPG

My micros are more cute than pretty. Also, I have built far fewer of them than Micromeister. I'll try to get some pictures taken and posted tomorrow.

MarkII

Wow, really nice stuff! (Unfortunately, I have fat fingers and have to stick with things that are much larger.)

Oh come on how Dixon!
6'-2", 300lbs+ with short stubby fat fingers just like you;) I'm sure if you try one you'll happily find they really aren't all that much different then building any other Rocket. Ya just need to keep track of those clear disappearing Launch lugs LOL!!! :roll: They really are a hoot to build and fly!

MM 352p01d-sm_MM Javelin (Kc-31) T3 Complete_10-23-08.jpg

MM 354p01d-sm_MM Payloader-II (T3) Complete_10-23-08.jpg

MM 357p01d-sm_MM Screamer (TK-2) T2+ Complete_10-23-08.jpg

MM 358p04-sm_MM Sentinel (T3) Complete_09-16-08.jpg

Last edited:
V2 and AIM-4 Falcon. These are in my - best looking and have flown - category. When I get organized enough to get/make some micro decals, the first rocket I would build would be the Interceptor. All inspiring kits, guys. Thanks for sharing.

favMMXset2.jpg

They are a couple very Nice looking Micro Scale models, they should also be posted in the Micro Scale thread;)

Do you have a Scale factor for either or both? Very nicely done.

I did photocopier scaling - sizing original plans until the body tube matched the drawing. The V2 is actually two Estes Swift kits - BT-5 body tube and 2 nosecones - used the p. 7 fin template from the Estes K22 V2 plans out on Jim Zs site. About this time last year there was a thread about scale up/down calculations that I thought was interesting. So I noticed the label from an old Launch Pad Falcon kit and thought that looked like a scale drawing so I put it on the photo copier and sized it until the airframe matched the diameter of a BT-3. perfek

still waiting for Scrap daddy to post a picture! Out of every thread he has started/posted I have not seen 1 picture

Ben

Queeg, the V2 is one of my absolute favorites... and that one looks good!

I need to spend a bit more time with micros, methinks. All I have right now is a semi-primered Quark! Ok, so it's mini, not micro. :blush:

Queeg, the V2 is one of my absolute favorites... and that one looks good!

I need to spend a bit more time with micros, methinks. All I have right now is a semi-primered Quark! Ok, so it's mini, not micro. :blush:

Slogfilet, it cetainly could be "Micro" with very little effort:) Just about any BT-5 model can be Micro Maxx converted. Just build them light.

Queeg: I scaled my V2-#2 on BT-5 as well. I've found the easiest way to pick a scale is to go with a standard body tube OD divided by the prototype vehicles OD to get a Multiplier. With it all the original vehicles dimension can be multiplied to get the scale dimensions (except degrees which stay the same). To obtain the Scale reverse the numbers dividing the full size vehicle by the body tube size to get your scale factor.
ie. BT-5 = .544 OD V-2 = 65" .544/65= multiplier .00836923...
65/.544= Scale factor 1: 119.4852... Hope this helps.

MM 319p03-sm_Quark MicroPower 2 pic(110dpi)_08-12-06.jpg

MM 343a1-sm_MM 220Swift conversion_03-30-08.jpg

MM 294alp08b_Mosquito After recovery_06-16-07.JPG

Back