Let's see your OUTLANDERS- Stock paint scheme

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billeblurzz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My computer was down with virus for several days....then TRF was down for...for...FOREVER...it seemed!!!! In between I finished the OUTLANDER! Very labor intensive build, especially with the stock paint scheme! Never cared for painting parts before assembly, but seemed necessary with the stock scheme. Also required some hand painting of parts. I like this kit! The instructions are off some, and if you go for the stock paint scheme, the skill level should be a 5!!! I would like to see others and get some comments from other builders about their experience with this kit. This PORKER came out at 7oz. weight! I am glad I went with 24mm conversion!!!:rolleyes:

Side #4: I have two more OUTLANDERS and if I EVER build another, I am going with the MARS LANDER paint scheme!!! The ones on this forum look really nice!!!:cool:

Nice looking Outlander :). Is that dish on the nose part of the kit? That looks real nice. There are a couple emrr articles about the rocket. I posted a comment answering the guys question on how to mark and then paint everything. Once that is updated, you should see it soon ;)

I've got a pair to build myself - one in stock colors and one in the Mars Lander motif. I'd like to get any notes you have on the 24 mm conversion; I have yet to open the kits and look at the instructions, but from what I've read here, it looks like the only tricky part will be trimming the nozzle.

WOW! Nice job. I didn't realize the Outlander was that big either.

Back