Let's see your Covid builds!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

kuririn

BARGeezer
TRF Lifetime Supporter
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Is it fiber or cardstock (or are they the same thing)?
Both paper products, but I think fiber is thicker and stronger.
Just primer, sand and paint.
I may replace all my lpr scratch builds with fiber fins instead of balsa. 😁

Funkworks

Reaction score
My first try at a build video. It's not a rocket, but it relates. Skip to 21:13, and witness a world premier experiment in mechanics.
Whether you catch it or not, COVID leaves its mark.

Jimmy

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
All of these kits (except the Wizard, Hi-Flyer, and Comanche III) have been built since the pandemic was recognized as a problem. From left to right: Mercury Atlas, Mercury Redstone, Atomic City 1/12 scale Mercury orbiter with launch escape tower, Saturn 1B, Semroc Saturn 1B, Alpha, Black Brant III, Yankee.

Attachments

Aeronerd

LPR, Gliderholic
Reaction score

GalantVR41062

Celebrate Recovery
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have been working on this 1/4 scale Viking 7 sounding rocket for over a year now. I had lost motivation to finish the project and get it flying with the covid restrictions and limited launch attendance.

20200727_094859.jpg

Just 2 weeks ago we received word that the launch is now open to upto 250 people. I am grateful as my family is interested in attending this year, and my 8yr daughter is super excited to fly her rockets, help me and see some cool projects fly.

20200427_194637.jpg

I will be working on this rocket again starting next week, its close to being ready to fly on a L motor to 1500' or a full L to 4000' later this year.

~John

T-Rex

Ordinary Average Guy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Lockdown??? Work from home??? I am considered expendable and have had to continue to slave away.
Hopefully there will be a lull in the action over the next couple months so I can get honey-dos caught up enough to build and paint.

Five

Reaction score
I think its safe to say covid19(pandemic/lockdown) had its first birthday. So here’s all the rockets Ive did in one year. These are the top 10 pics it will let me upload.

Attachments

Five

Reaction score
Mine has a cold. It doesn't want to play yet.
That the first know case of a “cold”in over a year. I thought the common cold didn’t exist anymore, they just called it corona like everything else.