Let the glue dry!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I can relate, but Tim makes this funny! :lol::lol:

Poor guy he's always fumbling something in all his videos, but this one he's dropping body tubes, glue drips everywhere. His hands and fingers are covered with glue. Having to take his project apart and re-glue. Kind of reminds me of Elmer Fudd building a rocket.

No offense Tim :)

Ugh I think we all experienced this before.

[video]https://www.apogeerockets.com/Advanced_Construction_videos/Rocketry_Video_229[/video]

brought back memories of Julia Child doing a Thanksgiving dinner...and dropping the turkey.
Rex

Skimmed through it and added to model rockets playlist. I won't reveal details, but I can kind of relate. Kind of, that is. :wink:

brought back memories of Julia Child doing a Thanksgiving dinner...and dropping the turkey.
Rex

Dan Aykroyd as Julia Child. Save the liver!
Freakin' hilarious. Very bloody!!!
[video]https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/the-french-chef/n8667?snl=1[/video]

Dan Aykroyd as Julia Child. Save the liver!
Freakin' hilarious. Very bloody!!!
[video]https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/the-french-chef/n8667?snl=1[/video]

I'm using that my next CATO (or shred!) and only a very select few here on TRF will know the origin! Coming to Left coast launch near you ! Thanks, Zues! ROTFLMAO!

I find Tim's videos charming because of their unrehearsed quality, but sometimes I do find myself saying to the screen, "Dude... editing is your friend."

And speaking of Julia Child, an important element of cooking - and also rocket building and filmmaking - is mise en place. Have the stuff (glue, sandpaper, paper towels, CA de-bonder) ready and close to hand before you begin building - or shooting video.

I watched one of these videos for the first time at our club meeting on Tuesday. I won't say anything bad as he does promote the hobby, but the video was almost painful to watch. At a minimum he needs to script what he wants to say and have at least some idea of where the video is going.

Until someone steps up with a few hundred scripted, edited, indexed videos; I'm inclined to just sit back and enjoy :)

That does add a bit of entertainment value. The unscripted warts-and-all feel. I suppose it also helps beginners feel at ease about their mistakes when they see Mr Van Milligan himself dropping tubes and whatnot.

I think if it were a subscription to videos that I had to pay for, I might demand better, but for something I receive relatively "free", I'll gladly accept the raw nature of Tim's videos. I also keep in mind that for the most part, his videos are geared toward the newcomer or less experienced modeler, but that doesn't mean that even a more experienced modeler can't learn something from him. This past weekend I was watching "The Woodwright's Shop - with Roy Underhill" on PBS and it was kind of the same thing - bumbling around with his tools/work piece, and in a rush - but Roy's been doing this a long time and is absolutely an expert at his craft. I think the same can probably be said of Tim.

Who knows, maybe the thing could be on purpose for some reason; I have no evidence to support that, nor any to disprove that.

Back