Let the Glue Battle Begin…

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White glue instead of yellow for couplers. Just as strong when dry but allows for re-positioning.
Yellow glue for fins with a tiny drop of CA on the ends. Faster, stronger grab than yellow glue in less time. I only have to hold the fin in place a minute or so. Then fillets with yellow glue when dry.
And yellow glue shrinks--it will produce a band on the airframe, esp, on model kits with thin tubing like Estes. White glue will not do this when used on bulkheads and centering rings.

I searched for data... and even emailed them. It appears their strength data is "unobtainium".

Their literature states word such as "Strong" and "Super Strong". Alrighty then..... :dontknow:

@brockrwood I did a bit more research... It appears Elmer's White Glue is brittle... too brittle for things that flex like fins.... The Rocket N00b does some interesting testing on Elmer's white glue, Titebond II yellow glue, and Bob Smith 30 minute epoxy.

"Messing Around with Glue - Strength, Flexibility, Et Cetera"

Last edited:
Back