Let"s see your rocket transporter.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My rocket transporter is a 2017 Honda CRV. It's not that special, but, it works. It has plenty of space with the back seats folded. It has all-wheel drive, and it has heated seats for those cold winter launches.

I am wanting something like that to transport a jawstand rail pad and the usual launch gear from the parking lot to a good pad position in my local park.

Be warned, it was transformed into a crew transport while I carried the rocket, launch and ground support equipment back to the garage.

Grandmothers donā€™t always think like rocket scientistsā€¦

We travel to the desert west of Phoenix AZ and take the whole family and the dogs. 5 to 6 of us usually. Made the decision last outing to leave the dogs home going forward on rocket day. Just too much to manage. F 250 Super Duty Diesel hauling a Keystone Cougar 5th Wheel for desert sleepovers. Tons warmer than a tent.

Attachments

• Desert Launch Vehicle 2023.jpg
    Desert Launch Vehicle 2023.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • Early Desert Launch 2022.jpg
    Early Desert Launch 2022.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Right.....so you want to occupy the same space 24 hours a day of which 11 hours is driving no matter what the weather....
As a driver it takes a special kind of individual to want to be OTR (Over The Road).
Ever been in the Navy aboard an aircraft carrier with 300 guys sleeping in a room the size of a 1k sq ft house. And you have to wait inline for one of 12 showers with a bunch of naked guys? And you can only run 500ā€™ in any direction in all weather cold and hot, and with 50 to 60 jet a/c turning out 600 degree exhaust on you? For 6 months might I add? Iā€™d rather be in the truck.

Ever been in the Navy aboard an aircraft carrier with 300 guys sleeping in a room the size of a 1k sq ft house. And you have to wait inline for one of 12 showers with a bunch of naked guys? And you can only run 500ā€™ in any direction in all weather cold and hot, and with 50 to 60 jet a/c turning out 600 degree exhaust on you? For 6 months might I add?

That's why I joined the Army :)

We travel to the desert west of Phoenix AZ and take the whole family and the dogs. 5 to 6 of us usually. Made the decision last outing to leave the dogs home going forward on rocket day. Just too much to manage. F 250 Super Duty Diesel hauling a Keystone Cougar 5th Wheel for desert sleepovers. Tons warmer than a tent.
That's styling. WOW :bravo:

Ever been in the Navy aboard an aircraft carrier with 300 guys sleeping in a room the size of a 1k sq ft house. And you have to wait inline for one of 12 showers with a bunch of naked guys? And you can only run 500ā€™ in any direction in all weather cold and hot, and with 50 to 60 jet a/c turning out 600 degree exhaust on you? For 6 months might I add? Iā€™d rather be in the truck.
Should have stayed away from the brown shoes! A destroyer only had 60 guys in 120 sqft and 4 showers. But no jets making noise, just the gas turbine engines right through the aft bulkhead. Of course you get a fun ride when the weather got rough, unlike those huge carriers that barely wiggle in 20 ft seas.

Should have stayed away from the brown shoes! A destroyer only had 60 guys in 120 sqft and 4 showers. But no jets making noise, just the gas turbine engines right through the aft bulkhead. Of course you get a fun ride when the weather got rough, unlike those huge carriers that barely wiggle in 20 ft seas.
good times

I'm considering a class B/B+ motorhome now. I am waaaaaaaaay to poor to afford it and should be smarter than considering it, but I'm also getting a day older, just like us all, every day. Its so interesting to see how people live their lives saying 'screw it, live for the day' vs. 'I put $392.66 in my 401k this week and when I get to use it, it will be great.'. I've been the second, not the previous. I think I might be wrong.

I'm considering a class B/B+ motorhome now. I am waaaaaaaaay to poor to afford it and should be smarter than considering it, but I'm also getting a day older, just like us all, every day. Its so interesting to see how people live their lives saying 'screw it, live for the day' vs. 'I put $392.66 in my 401k this week and when I get to use it, it will be great.'. I've been the second, not the previous. I think I might be wrong.
+1 take my advice, do everything you can. while you still can. life can change forever in 10 minutes.
You need one of these:

Last edited:
What @Hobie1dog said. Don't save for your kids. Spend it all on yourself! They will agree!

What @Hobie1dog said. Don't save for your kids. Spend it all on yourself! They will agree!
I don't even have kids, so that part is easy!

Honestly, I was brought up with the 1950's-60's mentality of 0 debt, honor your obligations, make sure you're taken care of 150% so you can help others if times get hard. My wife always beats me in Monopoly, because she mortgages every property as soon as she can and I wait until I make the money to improve a property. I stay ahead for the first 1/3 of the game, but she kills me for the remainder. I think she understands money better than I do. . . :) It just isn't how I was raised.

I know Hobie personally and he is a perfect example of getting screwed through no fault of his own, but it has happened and he has to deal with it. I obviously don't wish things like that on anyone, but understand it happens to random good people every day too. I remember my granddad worked 2-3 jobs at a time over his career and when he retired, he wanted to visit every state in the US. He had his first heart attack around a month after he retired and during that era that turned you from a functional man into an old man who couldn't be too far from home.

I could pay cash for the darn RV if I wanted, so money isn't extremely tight for our situation, but my upbringing keeps me wanting to have a good amount of accessible savings, just in case. . .AHHHHHHHHHAHHH!!!! I feel like Tweak from Southpark on this one. . . I wish 20 years from now me could pop in for a second, hit me with a pipe wrench and knock the correct decision into my head.

There is no question that every day that passes is one less, though. . .

I don't even have kids, so that part is easy!

Honestly, I was brought up with the 1950's-60's mentality of 0 debt, honor your obligations, make sure you're taken care of 150% so you can help others if times get hard. My wife always beats me in Monopoly, because she mortgages every property as soon as she can and I wait until I make the money to improve a property. I stay ahead for the first 1/3 of the game, but she kills me for the remainder. I think she understands money better than I do. . . :) It just isn't how I was raised.

I know Hobie personally and he is a perfect example of getting screwed through no fault of his own, but it has happened and he has to deal with it. I obviously don't wish things like that on anyone, but understand it happens to random good people every day too. I remember my granddad worked 2-3 jobs at a time over his career and when he retired, he wanted to visit every state in the US. He had his first heart attack around a month after he retired and during that era that turned you from a functional man into an old man who couldn't be too far from home.

I could pay cash for the darn RV if I wanted, so money isn't extremely tight for our situation, but my upbringing keeps me wanting to have a good amount of accessible savings, just in case. . .AHHHHHHHHHAHHH!!!! I feel like Tweak from Southpark on this one. . . I wish 20 years from now me could pop in for a second, hit me with a pipe wrench and knock the correct decision into my head.

There is no question that every day that passes is one less, though. . .
I hear where you are coming from. We retired last year but are concerned about how long the money will last. At the same time, we want to spend our money and do things while we still can. 10 years from now, when we are older, we might still have the money, but not be physically able to do what we want. Our philosophy is, do it now while we can.

Back