Let"s see your rocket transporter.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear where you are coming from. We retired last year but are concerned about how long the money will last. At the same time, we want to spend our money and do things while we still can. 10 years from now, when we are older, we might still have the money, but not be physically able to do what we want. Our philosophy is, do it now while we can.
One thing I learned from watching my grandparents age.....you're most likely to run out of health LONG before you run out of time or money!

One thing I learned from watching my grandparents age.....you're most likely to run out of health LONG before you run out of time or money!
I wrote a long reply, but after re-reading it, I can sum it up more quickly and less politically:

1: I don't spend enough time smiling.
2: I spend too much time on things that won't matter to me or very many other people 1 year from now.
3: I need to spend more time with people I care about vs. people I am indifferent about.
4: I haven't been to a rocket launch for far too long.

Sounds like I've got a short list of things to resolve and possibly a class B rocket transporter could be part of that equation. I just need to figure out how to turn off the 'have no debt' part of me and play the game the same way modern society seems to run the game. . .

Sandy.

Sounds like I've got a short list of things to resolve and possibly a class B rocket transporter could be part of that equation. I just need to figure out how to turn off the 'have no debt' part of me and play the game the same way modern society seems to run the game. . .

Sandy.
I've been in debt almost continuously since I bought my first car in 1978. I figure I'll be in debt when I die, at least a mortgage.
The thing is, you have to be smart about the debt you accept, how much, and make sure you don't let it overwhelm you.

I also think @Banzai88 hit the nail on the head. You'll probably run out of heath before money. That is certainly the case with my parents and in-laws and I expect it will be with me too.

Town and Country van for the win.

Attachments

• rocketsFromShedOct2013.JPG
    rocketsFromShedOct2013.JPG
    205.3 KB · Views: 0
I built a thing out of wood that has 3, 4, and 5 nich half holes, then throw a blanket over the top before I set them in the car for the ride. Then strap it down, the Partizon does fit in the backseat of a 2008 Honda Accord but I had to pop the nosecone off and just set it beside it. I use a nylon rope then to lightly hold them in place during transport. I spray painted that wood thing black. The Leviathan does fit in that Blue range box. I use that for low power too.

Attachments

• 20230716_141205.jpg
    20230716_141205.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230728_140844.jpg
    20230728_140844.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230729_122046.jpg
    20230729_122046.jpg
    8.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230730_122506.jpg
    20230730_122506.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Our transporter is a 2014 Forest River Stealth Toyhauler. We tow it with a 2018 GMC Sierra 1 ton 4x4 with a 6.6 liter Duramax diesel engine. Some of you have probably seen us, we go to a lot of launches in the Southwest, and Airfest in Kansas.

164.JPG

One of the nice things about a toyhauler is the bunkbeds that you can access out of the rear ramp.
nsl bunk beds.jpg

Of course there is another issue that comes with that:
living with rockets (2).jpg
Motors sticking out into your living area...

Last edited:
2008 Subaru Outback
Table, tent, chair, cooler, low power and high power rockets, asst. boxes of motors, cases, tools, stuff, etc.
Enough room for the day trip. Never been to a launch more than a day trip. I will one day.

20230805_110808[1].jpg20230805_110808[1].jpg

Our transporter is a 2014 Forest River Stealth Toyhauler. We tow it with a 2018 GMC Sierra 1 ton 4x4 with a 6.6 liter Duramax diesel engine. Some of you have probably seen us, we go to a lot of launches in the Southwest, and Airfest in Kansas.

View attachment 597633

One of the nice things about a toyhauler is the bunkbeds that you can access out of the rear ramp.
View attachment 597628

Of course there is another issue that comes with that:
View attachment 597635
Motors sticking out into your living area...

Not a huge issue unless you are smoking.

We just got a Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid. I doubt I'll ever get to use it for rockets until we get rid of the 1500 Ram and travel trailer we tow with it. Until then, it's the bed of the Ram for everything rocketry.

Toyota Tacoma. Plenty of room for rockets and the gear, and plenty enough power to pull the trailer for those all-weekend launches. And it's a lot of fun to drive over those rough dirt roads like the one into FAR.

1698198136946.png

Back