Leo Space Train available from Estes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That may or may not have been what the previous poster meant to say, but I certainly second GlenP’s sentiments above.

My only regret is that I lack the bandwidth to build all the great new kits.

Heck, I lack the space to store all the great new kits - built or not! But that hasn't stopped me from picking up some, and I'm about to drop an order with AC Supply (mostly motors) that will undoubtedly include at least three of the recent Estes kit releases.

Heck, I lack the space to store all the great new kits - built or not! But that hasn't stopped me from picking up some, and I'm about to drop an order with AC Supply (mostly motors) that will undoubtedly include at least three of the recent Estes kit releases.

I did the same thing, though I split my order between AC Supply and Estes. I ordered the new Orange Bullet & Lunar Scout from Estes, as well as the new EAC shirt and Estes logo water bottle. From AC Supply, I picked up the LEO Space Train & Low-Boom SST, plus the Boosted Bertha, Sasha and re-issued Black Brant II. It appears that I'm "working from home" for the next, well, whatever, so I may have more time to start actually building things...

Incidentally, Estes has a Spring sale going now, and free shipping.

I did the same thing, though I split my order between AC Supply and Estes. I ordered the new Orange Bullet & Lunar Scout from Estes, as well as the new EAC shirt and Estes logo water bottle. From AC Supply, I picked up the LEO Space Train & Low-Boom SST, plus the Boosted Bertha, Sasha and re-issued Black Brant II. It appears that I'm "working from home" for the next, well, whatever, so I may have more time to start actually building things...

Incidentally, Estes has a Spring sale going now, and free shipping.
You going stock on the Train and the SST, or modding for 24 mm?

You going stock on the Train and the SST, or modding for 24 mm?
These are so far down my build list, I haven't given that any thought at all. If I build one any time soon, it would probably be as a kit review in our club newsletter. In that case, I'd build stock.

Something just occured to me. If you sub a small parasite glider for the booster motor it would be even cooler.
(Wheels turning again).:p

Yeppers, that's what I thought as well as the Centuri/Semroc Space Shuttle:
https://www.semroc.com/Store/scripts/RocketKits.asp?SKU=KV-38
The original plan for the Space Shuttle was a winged carrier booster piggybacking an Orbiter. Both would glide back and land on a runway and be reusable. Budgetary constraints led to the SRB/Fuel tank/Orbiter final configuration.
While hindsight is 20/20, perhaps if the original configuration had been built we could have avoided the two shuttle tragedies.
And the shuttle would still be flying today.
We'll never know.

Nostalgia...

https://www.ninfinger.org/rockets/nostalgia/79cen056.html
View attachment 408378

I am sure there are quite a few of us here who had this catalog in their hands as a kid and would later grow up to work on the actual Space Shuttle program, or have some other career in aerospace or engineering.

I was thinking the same thing but the Quest Intrepid came to mind.

Attachments

• 93D98334-4086-4C72-AE96-18C6DD335DF4.jpeg
    93D98334-4086-4C72-AE96-18C6DD335DF4.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 18
Back