Lego Saturn V

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it nit-picking for me to notice the fins are centered in the black sections instead of between the white and black? This would really bother me if I was building it.

Obviously they can't be hyper accurate with a lot of things, but if they're detailed enough to include the internal tanks and the engines, I believe the fins should be in the right place.

But it IS really cool!

Is it nit-picking for me to notice the fins are centered in the black sections instead of between the white and black? This would really bother me if I was building it.

Obviously they can't be hyper accurate with a lot of things, but if they're detailed enough to include the internal tanks and the engines, I believe the fins should be in the right place.

But it IS really cool!

UMMMM, yes.....:wink:

Given the average weight of a brick is 2.5 grams, that makes this between 6 and 7 pounds. So I am thinking a nice low thrust long burn I. Perhaps an I-65.

Just a thought.

Given the average weight of a brick is 2.5 grams, that makes this between 6 and 7 pounds. So I am thinking a nice low thrust long burn I. Perhaps an I-65.

Just a thought.
I like where this is going. Remove all the interior bricks such as tanks, but add weight for the CA needed to keep it together, and be sure to record a video!!!

I'm kinda disappointed the Nautilus didn't make the cut. But the Saturn V will be cool. I've got this little bugger to keep me busy in the meantime...

Adrian

Last edited:
I'm kinda disappointed the Nautilus didn't make the cut. But the Saturn V will be cool. I've got this little bugger to keep me busy in the meantime...

Adrian

I'm building the Technic cargo plane right now, and I have to say... The Technic stuff is really cool. That loader looks awesome.

I'd peg it closer to $120 based on the design is about 1200 pieces and a $0.10 per part average for a majority of LEGO sets. If it is heavy on Technic parts it could go a little higher.

No word on price yet?

Found this on the Facebook page:
attachment.php

This response certainly suggests that it will come with either the tower and/or launch pad, in some form or other, although it's possible they simply aren't answering any questions and it'll be just the rocket. But given how tall it is, it would seem to *need* something to go along with it to keep it upright on display. Collectively this suggests to me that this will be a pretty big and expensive kit, somewhere north of $200, maybe far north. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it comes in less.

In any case, this might have just gone to the top of my birthday request list. :)

legosv.png

The original project page made no mention of tower or pad. I'm not sure that anything like that (built out of Lego bricks) would offer that much stability to the model on display.

You might well be right, and I'm interpreting that response overly optimistically. They will need *something* to keep it vertical, but it could just be some sort of stand, but we'll see what it is. It should be a very cool kit either way.

I read ~1100 ish bricks. Most Technic kits with that many pieces run ~$125.00 ish. So, maybe our wallets can breathe a little easier?

Whats that hobby lingo y'all use? plastic model conversion? Yes I think that's it.
If it crashes.....just put it back together!

I really like the version with the internal tankage better. Also the J2 engines were better on that version.

Wake me up when they release a mini-fig-scaled version

Back