Legit Sport Scale Data for Gemini-Titan

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterAlway

Reaction score
Since I'm a little tired of the the headline of the scale topic here being "ERROR! PETER ALWAY SCREWED UP A DRAWING," I thought I'd start a new thread. Here is a profile drawing of a Gemini-Titan II that I found on Page 28 of the official NASA's official Gemin 5 press kit, found here: (Gemini 5 Press kit)

Gemini Illustration.jpg

This would count as the minimum profile drawing requirement for Sport Scale in NAR competition. Be sure to include the page from the original document with your scale packet! This is straight from NASA, so it must be authoritative!

Awe man I was all excited, as I have a Gemini Titan on the drawing board.
Still I laughed pretty hard at that.
Thanks @PeterAlway for all you do for the hobby

why didn't they ever implement the helmet chutes? oh right... drag decap.

Peter,

As far as I am concerned you are and always will be Mr. Scale. Everyone in this hobby owes you a great debt. The haters are gonna hate. The vast majority of us have nothing but deep appreciation for the amount of work you have put in to produce your publications and drawings. If you say a dimension is 12in and NASA says 11.75in then NASA needs to get on the ball and publish the correct numbers! 😉 Thank you so much for being you and doing what you do.

Andrew

Peter,

As far as I am concerned you are and always will be Mr. Scale. Everyone in this hobby owes you a great debt. The haters are gonna hate. The vast majority of us have nothing but deep appreciation for the amount of work you have put in to produce your publications and drawings. If you say a dimension is 12in and NASA says 11.75in then NASA needs to get on the ball and publish the correct numbers! 😉 Thank you so much for being you and doing what you do.

Andrew
I second this!

Peter,
As far as I am concerned you are and always will be Mr. Scale. Everyone in this hobby owes you a great debt. The haters are gonna hate.
I don't get any sense of any haters hating on this thread. Just someone who was hoping for some real scale data. They had a right to be a bit disappointed by my silly joke.

Peter,

Andrew
Peter,
So true. And yet I was searching on the NAR website for information on the Alway fund to support B division R&D, so there is that too! Please post an udate on the Alway fund or its conclusion.

Alan

Peter,

Andrew
I agree, Peter is Mr. Scale that's that and you should definitely request for the title of the other post to be changed. I am very grateful for having access to the work of Peter Alaway. It has helped me with several projects.
Thank you so much for being you and doing what you do.

EZ2CDave, I've got the 1st book in the series and will be getting the rest of the Trilogy next month, including the mission patch. It's a great story for an alternate history. I HIGHLY recommend it. I appreciate the downloads. I grew up across the Mighty Mississippi from MacDonald A/C Corp as it was called then. Even had a neighbor across the street who worked at their "Space City" as they called it and didn't know about the Gemini Ferry/"Truck" / Saturn 1 Thanks to Mr Peter (Mr. Scale)....No, I'll call him SAINT Alway. I have the information to make a Gemini Saturn 1 model Rocket!. Thank You Dave for linking the downloads. I have some of the ones directly connected with Mr. Jenne's novels but not all the rest. If You don't mind, Ez2C Dave, I wish to get a thumb drive to put all the downloads onto for future reference, please? Thanks, andcheers!

Thanks to Mr Peter (Mr. Scale)....No, I'll call him SAINT Alway.

They don't make people Siants, until after they are dead . . . just a thought .
If You don't mind, Ez2C Dave, I wish to get a thumb drive to put all the downloads onto for future reference, please? Thanks, andcheers!

It's not my data or my website . . . So, "when in doubt, download and save" !

Dave F.

Back