LEDs and Fiber Optics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just added yet another collection of URLs, pointing to a bunch of on-line Electronics tutorials, to my "Aerospace/Interesting Stuff (Bookmarks)" thread.

< Semi-Impolite Rant Ahead>

Since a couple of people have asked, I figured I should bring this up. I must politely decline to say what it is I do for a living and who I work for. Please don't ask, as I can't answer.

< End of Rant>

Harm none,

ResearchWorm

Alright, thanks again for your help.....I don't exactly have anymore question right now...just give me a day or two I'm sure ill come up with something!.. :D

Thanks you have all helped so much, I hope this thread helps me as much as it helps someone else....RTF rocks..

-Matt

Moocrew:
Do to Rocket Shed Holiday short term house goods storage..(Wife needs table & chair room:),, this is the best pic I could get of the in coupling battery storage compartment. I could not open the door, you wouldn't believe the clutter:(
but inside the door a 1061 single 20mm coin cell holder hangs loose with the wiring to the switch seen on the side of the coupling. Fitted styrofoam spacers keep everything from moving around during flight. Keeping the door closed is no problem with a hardwood block mounted inside the door and a #4x1/2" screw. 1/8" Plywood door is hinge on a 3/4" kilk(sp) model aircraft hinge.
Hope this helps.

el wire is usually brighter but must also use a converter and 9V battery which may be a weight problem. We're talking about a LPR model. also fibre Optic intensity depends on the light source and number of strands involved. As an "accent" part of the lighting system they have a very pleasing softer appearance then the harsh green/yellow of the el wire or panels. I like
NightLaunches blue el panels for Large models, If I could only reduce the weight of the converter and use a stack of lithium coin cells I'm sure I'd use them more often on night launch vehicles.

Back