LDRS - Who's going?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

11bravo

Reaction score
Two weeks to go.
Surprised that there hasn't been more buzz here about it.
Who is going?
I'll be to Wichita on Friday and be at Argonia Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

Greg

Not me :( planning on making it next year though. Got a cool project up my sleeve for next year :D

Ben

Two weeks to go.
Surprised that there hasn't been more buzz here about it.
Who is going?
I'll be to Wichita on Friday and be at Argonia Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

Greg

You and the Maven! You lucky dog!!:cry::cry:

I'll be there, looking forward to it and just the cooler temps than what we have been having in Texas.

This Afternoon: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 89. South wind around 16 mph.

Tonight: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. South wind between 7 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 81. Southwest wind 8 to 14 mph becoming north northwest.

Friday Night: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 64. North northwest wind between 7 and 14 mph.

Saturday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 79. North northwest wind between 7 and 10 mph.

Saturday Night: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65.

Sunday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 80.

Sunday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66.

Monday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 81.

Monday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 66.

Tuesday: A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 84.

Tuesday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67.

Wednesday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 88.

That weather report reminds me of my favorite saying by Neil McGilvray

"Don't worry about the weather...It will be there."

That weather report reminds me of my favorite saying by Neil McGilvray

"Don't worry about the weather...It will be there."

There's usually more to the quote: "And so will we."

(But in this case, it doesn't apply to me.)

andysrockets and I should be there Thursday through Tuesday.

I'll be there Thrusday thru Tuesday. I'll be flying my Ultimate Endeavour on a central L1400 and airstating 3 J570's. Of course I'll be flying a bunch of other stuff too.

...Fred

I plan on being there from thursday till tuesday. flying afew if I get some built on location and trying to help out where I can and am needed.

I'll be there on Sunday. Not flying, just driving up with some friends for the day to watch.

I'll be there with my dad on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday flying lots of H, I, J, and K mtors. I'm 14 and this will be my 5th LDRS:cool:

I'll be there. Flying a few high altitude rockets. For me any how. A 2.75in 5lb with a K-250....Comp4 on a M-1450 KBA.... Hoping to break 20,000 a milestone for me.

I plan to be there Thursday - Tuesday, I have been rushing to finish up my Kloudbuster rocket. It is a bit rough, but looks ok from a distance. This is my first home made nosecone, and Glassing. Hope to see everyone there!
Mike Dickinson

img004.jpg

1st glassing.jpg

kloudbusters-sm.jpg

View attachment Stars&Stripes.JPG

I'll be there. Flying a few high altitude rockets. For me any how. A 2.75in 5lb with a K-250....Comp4 on a M-1450 KBA.... Hoping to break 20,000 a milestone for me.
That's great news Jim. I'll be looking forward to seeing you again. I missed not having you around at Southern Thunder. Are you up for a 4" M2200 skidmark drag race??? I've got a motor coming and haven't been able to decide what to do with it.

I'll also be flying a new Mongoose 54 on a Loki L1400 and a 3" min diameter rocket on a Loki L1482 for a shake down flight and then coming back with a KBA M1450W that sims to over 26,000'. That one will be fun.

I'm not sure what other rocket/motor combination I'm going to fly right now but I have two AT M650 long burns, an AMW M2500GG and an AT M2030 Mojave Green plus several other nice motors to burn.

It's going to be an awesome week in Kansas.

See ya There!!!

Andrew Grippo

I'll be there. Planning a de-ja-vu flight of my L2 flight from LDRS 19 in Orangeburg (4" rocket J350W), standard length Bruiser on a N2600GG, Whiplash 38 min dia on J825R for Mach Madness, Competitor 4 on an M1882LW, and a 3" min dia "Carbon Slipper" on a KBA M1450W.

My Dad will be going for L2 with a J350W in a scratch built 4" bird. He's also bringing two other 4" rockets, a 3", and two 2.6" birds for various flights H-J. He'll be drag racing his Loc IV against my Loc Heavy Duty Beauty on an H268R.

We're greatly looking forward to the launches! See you there!

-Eric-

Hey Andrew!

I will bring a M-2200, just in case ;) Maybe we should do a M-1450 race for altitude. Might help in finding the rockets, having two of us looking!
Jim

I wish! :( It's right after school starts. I hope next year's LDRS is in either June, July, or (early) August.

Hey Andrew!

I will bring a M-2200, just in case ;) Maybe we should do a M-1450 race for altitude. Might help in finding the rockets, having two of us looking!
Jim
At the very least we can help each other pick up the shredded parts from our rockets and look for the motor casings...

See ya There!!!

Andrew

Andrew, I was told Brad might come up for at least part of the weekend.

--Lance.
Thanks Lance. I'm not sure I could do Argonia without some stuffed Jalapeno's and Cap't Morgan.

I'll send him an email.

Andrew

I will also have an AMW M2200SK, wouldn't mind getting a little drag race action happening as well.

Any idea what day you guys might be looking at doing it?

I'm scheduled to do some range duty on Thursday morning and mid Saturday afternoon but any other time then that during the six days I'll be ready.

I can get Bob Brown to do an annoucement asking for anyone that wants to join in and maybe we can get several people. I'd love to see five or six Skidmarks go up at the same time. The most I've seen go up at once is three and they made the ground shake when they took off.

We'll have to talk to the Wildman or someone and see if we can't get some thermite igniters built for them. Think we'd make the magazines and videos with that kind of drag race?

Andrew

I'll be there with my dad on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday flying lots of H, I, J, and K mtors. I'm 14 and this will be my 5th LDRS:cool:

I'll be there, I'm 14 and will be lucky to fly a couple of h's and an I. This is my first ldrs and cant wait to get there, I will only be there sat- sun because of school. You know how it is , "can I skip school for the reassearch days?";) dad says yes mom says no . Im 14 I guess thats how it goes. hmm maybe in college. AP human geograph homework is also the reason I won't be bringing the mach buster I've been planning.:cry:

Back