LDRS Questions?! (again)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingarcher

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have any questions. :) However, I live in Geneseo, in sight of the launch area. I wonder if my local knowledge would be useful to anyone who is planning to come to LDRS this summer. Food? Gas? Local attractions? I could make a list but I thought perhaps you guys might have specifics you're interested in. Or not!

Mods- If this is a better Coffee House thread, lets move it. I put this here because I saw all the other LDRS questions in this board.

N:D

I'm sure this has probably been answered, but since you asked...

What hotels/motels are in the area? The ones on the LDRS website are already full and I was wondering what else is available?

How far away are these hotels/motels from the launch site?

Somebody told me to check Rochester, NY, is that close to Geneseo?

Thanks in advance!

Geneseo is a small college town, we do have a Days Inn, about 2 miles from the site. I checked a while ago to see if that weekend was available, it wasn't, but worth checking?

Rochester (north of Geneseo) is a smallish city center that is surrounded by "urban sprawl". Henrietta is the outskirt that is on the south side of Rochester, and thus closest to Geneseo. Any hotel in Henrietta is fine. I'd check the Radisson on Jefferson Road, the Holiday Inn at Jefferson and West Henrietta Rd. There are some "cheaper" places (Red Roof Inn) and one other on Rte 15 just north of the Thruway (rte 15 is West Henrietta Rd). Check a "hotels.com" or something similar for more options.

There are some motel type places in a couple surrounding towns, but I won't recommend them! :eek:

The hotels in the area I mentioned (and the main hotel listed on LDRS too) are about 20-25 minutes from the launch area down a regular interstate type road.

My grandmother lives in Rochester... She used to live in Bushnells Basin (outskirts of rochester), but then she moved to another part of town....

THere is a nice little hobby shop with Estes kits somewhere in Rochester....:confused:

I got lucky! My sister goes to Geneseo for teaching, so we know the town well. I also have friends all over the region because I used to live less than an hour from the field. I am staying with friends near Corning (I used to live in Painted Post, right near there). It's about an hour and fifteen minutes from the field, it's free, we get to have a good time, and GREAT food! Should be a great time!

There's an old Almshouse (poor house) which was bought privately and turned into a Hotel/B & B across the street from the Days Inn only two miles from vendor's row. We're stayin' at the Dayz but folks have already told us they are staying here.....dunno if there's any openings but it's worth a try....it's d a m n close

https://www.oakvalleyinn.com/

Back