LDRS 41 Official Information thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Campsite reserved.....

FYI - Do most folks come in early and leave a day later?

I have as yet been unable to pique my better half's interest in HPR.... She likes camping, mountainbiking, canoeing, shooting, et al.
Need to construct a long-term plan to encourage her to WANT to extend our Southern Illinois 4th of July trip for 3-5 more days.... 333 miles from Staunton to Bong.... long drive day.

Suggestions? :D
That's what most people do. Arrive the evening before the launch starts and leave the morning after. Some stop flying early the last day and depart. There are a lot of variables such as distance to home, available time off from work, and demands back at work/home.

That's what most people do. Arrive the evening before the launch starts and leave the morning after. Some stop flying early the last day and depart. There are a lot of variables such as distance to home, available time off from work, and demands back at work/home.
Thanks.... we'll likely show on the evening of the 5th and depart on the Sunday..... I loathe Sunday departures, but she is gonn want to get us pointed South towards The Buffalo National River..... which is where we go after the 4th every year. :)
Is the banquet usually on Friday or Saturday night?

Thanks.... we'll likely show on the evening of the 5th and depart on the Sunday..... I loathe Sunday departures, but she is gonn want to get us pointed South towards The Buffalo National River..... which is where we go after the 4th every year. :)
Is the banquet usually on Friday or Saturday night?
Clay,

I'm not sure which night the banquet is. Check the website, it will be posted there. This LDRS has fallen off my radar. It doesn't look good for me attending this year. I am planning on going to Air Fest the AMA's Precision Aerobatics Nationals this year, 23 - 27 July. The leave budget says I can attend two of these, but not all three. 🙁 In a few years, I will have more time off, 52 weeks a year to be exact.

Edit: Here is the LDRS 41 website: http://ldrs41.com/

Well, I found a way to get there without going though Chicago. It's a two hour longer drive, but may still be faster than just going through.

Depending on where you're coming from, you'll want to take 294 around the city. Cuts off about 45 mins. vs going through downtown.

I'll be there. Bong is only about 45 mins. for me. Going to be a lot of tree ornaments when this is over. And don't forget your tick repellent.

Will there be high power launch rods on site? This will be the first LDRS that I attend. I'm building a special odd rocket that will need a rod instead of a rail. It will fly on K impulse.

Flying larger odd rockets is what I enjoy at Bong and there's always a variety of larger 1/2" rods.

Whatcha building?

Flying larger odd rockets is what I enjoy at Bong and there's always a variety of larger 1/2" rods.

Whatcha building?
I'm trying to keep what I'm building as a surprise. It will be roughly 20 lbs when completed. Just want to make sure 1/2" rod will handle it. We are in the process of starting up a business. I have low and mid power rockets of this design proven and I'm in the process of developing them into kits.

I'm trying to keep what I'm building as a surprise. It will be roughly 20 lbs when completed. Just want to make sure 1/2" rod will handle it. We are in the process of starting up a business. I have low and mid power rockets of this design proven and I'm in the process of developing them into kits.

If TWA doesn’t have one anymore (which I doubt), I can bring mine.

Just to make sure, since I'm coming from VA. No 2 stage flights using research motors will be allows? No research clusters will be allowed.
From LDRS41 rules:
  • For research motors, Total impulse must be less than 10,241 n-sec (M motor). Staged, clusters and odd-rocs not allowed​

Will a step ladder be available? I can't fit one in my vehicle along with my rockets and I can't arm some of my rocket's electronics without a step ladder.

Is there a flyer out there anywhere. Wanted to pass out some info at my R/C club meeting. Our flying field is just 30 miles away from bong.

I will be there with my Stretched Ultimate Endeavor. Can someone make one?

At LDRS 33, the stakes for my canopy wouldn’t go into the ground no matter what I tried. Is it any more stake-compatible these days, or are folks using other means to secure canopies from the wind?

At LDRS 33, the stakes for my canopy wouldn’t go into the ground no matter what I tried. Is it any more stake-compatible these days, or are folks using other means to secure canopies from the wind?

Well, it's a compacted gravel runway originally meant for military jets. So...

Back