LDRS 41 Official Information thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinH

Reaction score
Now that LDRS 40 has come to an end in California, Tripoli Wisconsin Association is excited to announce that we will be hosting Large Dangerous Rocket Ships 41 at the Richard Bong State Recreation Area July 6-9th, 2023. We look forward to having the international rocketry community come together once again for a safe and fun LDRS. It is still very early, more than a year to go, but please follow this thread for more official details in the near future.

Here is a little taste of Tripoli Wisconsin Association (TWA) to hold you over until then...

I would say that to expect that but details are obviously still being worked.

Start pressing the flesh and sending in boxes of candy to the FAA now. There is a year to go, let them know that this is a national launch and will be televised or something. Wait, its the gubbernment, they don't care! :haironfire:

Extending to 12 or 15k would be amazing. The trees though......we need someone with one of those flame thrower drones....

Does this mean I need to buy more motors??
You actually need a reason? It's okay, we can still be friends. Seriously, I know a shrink that can work with you on that. He fixed me and now there is only 925 kilos under the baby's crib. He really helped me cut back..

Extending to 12 or 15k would be amazing. The trees though......we need someone with one of those flame thrower drones....
I've got a couple 60 ft Wilkie's for sale! Great tree recovery vehicles! I'll even letter it for free.

Nice! I haven't been to Bong since the 1970s when I lived in Iowa. Definitely remember numerous rocket eating trees. And thermals. Lots of thermals. That's gonna be a 3 day drive but I'm planning on going. If NARAM ends up in Muncie and starts the next weekend it could be a mega rocketry junket!

I am pretty excited ...........Bong is about 35-45 minutes from my childhood home and I plan to attend !!!
Gonna Fly My Original Public Enemy SA-14 Archer and maybe some Class 1 Models.
Very grateful for the WOOSH Rocketry Club, and Tripoli Wisconsin for the times I have already flown there.
I hope to See "Wildman" there again

12 hours driving, 813 miles @$5,00/gallon, 23 miles/gallon=35 gallons $176 one way, $353 total round trip fuel costs. motels, food...this won't happen living on SS Income with $12K in medical bills that will never go away. I'll die a "Debt Slave" 😢

The LDRS planning committee had a meeting with the Bong administration and they reminded us that the campgrounds fills up very quickly - especially for the summer months. They recommended reserving your camp sites NOW. There's a good chance the park may be full by next spring.

RandyL

The LDRS planning committee had a meeting with the Bong administration and they reminded us that the campgrounds fills up very quickly - especially for the summer months. They recommended reserving your camp sites NOW. There's a good chance the park may be full by next spring.

RandyL
They already are!!!!
I just bought a Travel Trailer and no sites with electricity are available.
Will have to look for other RV parks.

Back