LDRS 39a

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dugway

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
We are excited to announce that here at UROC we are getting ready to host LDRS 39 (a.k.a. LDRS 39a) on 7/29/21 through 8/1/21! The web site has been updated with all the latest information, and the official hotels are ready to take discounted reservations. Go get registered and reserve your room as we look forward to seeing you at an awesome launch on the salt in 2021!

Who's excited for LDRS 39A! (Get it 39A) :) The website is up. www.ldrs39.org. Hotel information is there and ready. Get your hotels booked today. 3 to choose from and discount rates apply. Register for the event today. The first few people that register for the event and volunteer for 4 or more slots get premier parking spot. Get front row Joe for the show. Spots are filling up fast so register today! Look forward to seeing you all!

Is it possible to simply spectate at LDRS?

At this point we believe, yes. Usually for rocket launches we even "encourage" it. Man, can't wait till we get back to normal. We will continue to work with and monitor Federal, State and local mandates. Right now it's looking up to have a more "normal" launch at that time. As we get closer, if anything arises that wouldn't allow this, we'll certainly post and notify. For now though, plan on it! ;-)

I'm registered! Haven't done much with rockets in the last few years. 2019 was the year of the yard, 2020 was the year of the gun, this spring had been the year of the RC truck, car, crawler... It will be good to see some things fly!

The site where I do most of my HPR flying has a 9000 ft waiver and is open country. I will also be at LDRS at Bonneville this year and may do my L2 there.

I like the idea of flying high, I am an engineer in the commercial space industry so I will want to geek out on the electronics.

My end goal is to get an L3 to build and fly some large rockets very high, possibly as part of a team.

It looks like this will be the last year that LDRS or Hellfire will be held on the Bonneville Salt Flats. The air space in that area has come to be in high demand by military and civilian flights. The FAA has worked hard over all these years to arrange a waiver for LDRS-17 and twenty-four annual Hellfire events and now LDRS-39a, but those days have come to end. If you ever wanted to see what a High Power Rocketry meet looks like on the Salt Flats, this is the year to do it.

We are very appreciative of the FAA and all the support they have given us and the rocketry sport in total.

This will be a huge bang grand finale. Last time we'll be flying on the salt and no better way to do it than LDRS! We couldn't be more excited.

LDRS 39a will have a standing 12500' AGL waiver with call-ins to 25,000' AGL. Class 3 rockets will also be allowed under this COA. Remember, you still have to go through your class 3 review.

If you ever wanted to fly rockets on the salt, now is the time. Sign up now at www.ldrs39.org. Make sure to book your hotel while you're there and sign up for the banquet. All info is there.

We look forward to seeing all of you this summer. We are going to have a lot of fun!

Home from LDRS on the Flats,

We had a great time. Well done hosting UROC!

Seriously well run launch. Took as much time announcing on the microphone with the kids on the model rocket pads as the guys flying HP. That's important for our FUTURE. And that is another feather in UROC's cap as far as I'm concerned.

The banquet was well done. Good food, good service, and the two lines moved right along. And 'Skippy' I mean TRA President Gerald Meaux (sp?) ran a good concise Membership meeting and Board meeting. It did NOT run on and on like they do sometimes.

The TRATECH seminars that I attended were uniformly excellent. Well done presenters.

And lastly, even registration was well organized, friendly, and knew what they were doing.

Closed up shop a little early on Sunday, but it started to rain and they ran out of people ready to fly. So, anybody who blames them for shutting down an hour or so early is just plain nuts as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for a great time on the salt.

Brad, the "Rocket Rev.," Wilson

Back