LDRS 39

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evolvant

Reaction score
Who's excited for LDRS 39A! (Get it 39A) :) The website is up. www.ldrs39.org. Hotel information is there and ready. Get your hotels booked today. 3 to choose from and discount rates apply. Register for the event today. The first few people that register for the event and volunteer for 4 or more slots get premier parking spot. Get front row Joe for the show. Spots are filling up fast so register today! Look forward to seeing you all!

Hi Everyone!

Just under 90 days to LDRS39a! 86 to be exact. So excited!

We will have a standing waiver during the event to 12,500' AGL with call-in windows to 25,000' AGL. So cool!

Salt Lake City, Utah has been building a new International airport over the recent years that recently opened. The air traffic into SLC has increased tremendously and is planned to further exponentially increase. Because of this, we've been notified this is the last year we'll fly on the Bonneville Salt Flats. We are so appreciative of the FAA and all the support they have extended to UROC and the broader rocketry sport. We totally understand the situation and respect the FAA regarding this. They do a great job at keeping us safe.

If you've every said, someday I'd like to see the Bonneville Salt Flats. Or maybe you said to yourself, one of these years I'm going to fly with UROC at Hellfire (launch on the Salt Flats). Now's the time. Last chance! :)

Sign up for LDRS today at www.ldrs39.org. Make sure you reserve your hotel and sign up for the banquet too. All the info is on the www.ldrs39.org website. We are going to have a lot of fun!!!

Can't wait to see you all in a couple short months.

Cheers,
Paul

Lots of good reasons to come to LDRS. Here’s two. This will almost certainly be the last chance to launch on the salt flats. It’s a surreal experience. And this will be the inaugural TRATECH. Gary has lined up some really fine presentations.

Count me in for my first HPR launch attendance ever. I will have mostly LPR rockets.

Hotel reservations - check (1 of the 3 hotels is totally booked). Tripoli membership - check.

TODO: Register w UROC. Search for previous threads - like the one that discussed shade tents...

Utah, here I come! (You have been warned)

-Kevin

Thanks for the warning - dually noted! Wonder what we need to do to prep - hmmm!? 🤔 Where are you from Kevin?

Count me in for my first HPR launch attendance ever. I will have mostly LPR rockets.

Hotel reservations - check (1 of the 3 hotels is totally booked). Tripoli membership - check.

TODO: Register w UROC. Search for previous threads - like the one that discussed shade tents...

Thanks for the warning - dually noted! Wonder what we need to do to prep - hmmm!? 🤔 Where are you from Kevin?
I believe Kevin is the one who started TRF.

I'm all set too. Hotel booked. I believe we got the last handicap accessible room in town. Registered and bought the t shirt. Now I have to figure out how to get every thing there. Might have to rent a trailer.

Which hotel is going to be LDRS central ? We have reservations at the Montego Bay.....

They are all pretty close and there is a shuttle that run between them. You'll be good no matter what hotel. Montego has the largest and nicest rooms. The banquet will be at the Rainbow.

Ok, a little recent history and a request. My wife passed away the day before Easter this year.

I have a room at the Montego with two king sized beds. If someone would like to share a room, I will split the cost of the nights they sleep there. I plan to arrive the 27th so I can help with setup on the 28th. I will be checking out on Monday 2 Aug. A couple would be a little higher because they charge for more than 2 occupants.

I'm a rocketeer so I am a little strange but I'm not generally dangerous. 😂

Oh, BTW if you know a single that doesn't have a room yet, please let them know.

Thanks for your consideration. Pat.

Edit for readability.
Edit for "Mods, should I have put this in yard sale?"

Last edited:
32 more days! Looking forwarding to meeting ya'all!

My memory is not the best tho... In my best Bill Lumbergh voice:

"If you all could just wear your TRF badge with name and picture at the launch...." :p

1624755569256.png

Neal reported to us last night that the BLM is asking us to follow CDC guidance on masks. As I understand it, that means if you are unable to stay six feet apart from others outdoors and have not been fully vaccinated, you need to wear a mask. Otherwise, unless something changes, masks will not be required.

Back