EVENT LDRS 39

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speculating on people's income and what they can and can't afford seems like an odd way to start this announcement.
:dontknow:

Who's excited for LDRS 39A! (Get it 39A) :) The website is up. www.ldrs39.org. Hotel information is there and ready. Get your hotels booked today. 3 to choose from and discount rates apply. Register for the event today. The first few people that register for the event and volunteer for 4 or more slots get premier parking spot. Get front row Joe for the show. Spots are filling up fast so register today! Look forward to seeing you all!

Got my campsite reserved. Hotels are nice, but I prefer my trailer, especially in these odd times... Am going to need to see if I registered last year or if I still need to register this year. Either way, darn good use of stimulus $.

Now I just need to decide what to finish so I can fly it...

Got my campsite reserved. Hotels are nice, but I prefer my trailer, especially in these odd times... Am going to need to see if I registered last year or if I still need to register this year. Either way, darn good use of stimulus $.

Now I just need to decide what to finish so I can fly it...

Awesome!!!!
You can have a look here at the registration list. If you don't see your name, probably need to register. :) Unless specifically asked for a cancellation and money back from last year, we kept everything as it.
https://uroc.org/content.aspx?page_id=4024&club_id=591702&item_id=1061371

Awesome!!!!
You can have a look here at the registration list. If you don't see your name, probably need to register. :) Unless specifically asked for a cancellation and money back from last year, we kept everything as it.
https://uroc.org/content.aspx?page_id=4024&club_id=591702&item_id=1061371
Thanks! I'm not on the list, so I still need to pony up.

Planning to arrive Wednesday afternoon, drop the trailer, then head out on the salt to help set up.

Figure this is going to be the one where I need to finish up some long-running projects and get them in the air.

El Monstruo, 8 x 29mm + 1 x 54mm Airstart under consideration. Completed, flew on 8 x G80s using the UROC launch system to ignite
Overkill - 4 x 38 mm It's like a LOC King Viper III, but I've added a 4th motor tube. Because I could. Maybe an upscale 429 SS? Call it a 454 SS? It's actually 4 x 54, but that's a bit much even for me. Half finished
Thunder Road - 19 x E BP motors. Because I can. Maybe 25% finished.

All of the above are built with LOC 5.38 tubes, and (will) share a common A/V bay, payload section, and NC.

Last edited:
Will there be a map or layout of the pads relative to the flight line? Will it be arranged something like this?

Pads

Last edited:
There will be a map of the range. We have a working design, but I’m reluctant to post it yet because it isn’t very pretty. The intention is to have a split range with banks of pads far enough apart that we can launch pretty much continuously. Some of that will depend on our expected attendance—so if you‘re planning to attend, please register. There’s no risk. If you can’t attend or the pandemic extends through July, you can get your money back. I suspect we will post a range map here before long. And every flyer will get a range map in the flyer’s kit.

There will be a map of the range. We have a working design, but I’m reluctant to post it yet because it isn’t very pretty. The intention is to have a split range with banks of pads far enough apart that we can launch pretty much continuously. Some of that will depend on our expected attendance—so if you‘re planning to attend, please register. There’s no risk. If you can’t attend or the pandemic extends through July, you can get your money back. I suspect we will post a range map here before long. And every flyer will get a range map in the flyer’s kit.

Oh.... now my drawings aren't pretty. I see how it is. ;-)

Thanks for the info. I'm just wanting to park nearer the pads that I need and not take up space others could use for complex projects etc. I'm registered and on the list. :clapping:

If you volunteer for 4 volunteer slots, you will get a priority spot nearest to the entrance to the range. Otherwise, you get the closest thing available when you arrive. I wouldn’t worry about taking up space for complex projects. We plan on an away cell that most people will drive their complex projects to. There will only be two entrances to the range--one in the center by the LCO and the away cell.

Who's excited for LDRS 39A! (Get it 39A) :) The website is up. www.ldrs39.org. Hotel information is there and ready. Get your hotels booked today. 3 to choose from and discount rates apply. Register for the event today. The first few people that register for the event and volunteer for 4 or more slots get premier parking spot. Get front row Joe for the show. Spots are filling up fast so register today! Look forward to seeing you all!
Evolvant, I am a BAR, and I intend to attend LDRS 39, my first LDRS. It's a long drive from MN, but looks like too much fun too miss! Is one of the hotels considered the "main" hotel for the event? How does the state of UT feel about large get-togethers at this point? I will register and hope things work out.

Evolvant, I am a BAR, and I intend to attend LDRS 39, my first LDRS. It's a long drive from MN, but looks like too much fun too miss! Is one of the hotels considered the "main" hotel for the event? How does the state of UT feel about large get-togethers at this point? I will register and hope things work out.

There really isn't a "Main" hotel per say. There is a free shuttle that runs between the 3 hotels like every 15 minutes or something too. The banquet will be held in the Rainbow if it interests you to be localized to that vs a quick shuttle ride.

We have been closely watching the states restrictions (we are dealing with UT for the launch and NV for the hotels/event). Right now things are looking all thumbs up for LDRS. We will continue to closely watch.

There really isn't a "Main" hotel per say. There is a free shuttle that runs between the 3 hotels like every 15 minutes or something too. The banquet will be held in the Rainbow if it interests you to be localized to that vs a quick shuttle ride.

We have been closely watching the states restrictions (we are dealing with UT for the launch and NV for the hotels/event). Right now things are looking all thumbs up for LDRS. We will continue to closely watch.
Evolvant, thank you. I have my hotel reservations at the Rainbow, now I just need to register and sign up for the banquet. Can we have a guest at the banquet or is it memebrs only? I will hopefully have my L2 by then. The ship is done, just waitng for paint. I can't do that when it is -10 outside and 30 degrees in the garage.

Evolvant, thank you. I have my hotel reservations at the Rainbow, now I just need to register and sign up for the banquet. Can we have a guest at the banquet or is it memebrs only? I will hopefully have my L2 by then. The ship is done, just waitng for paint. I can't do that when it is -10 outside and 30 degrees in the garage.

Yes, guests are allowed at banquet. It's all included in the registration process. Excited to have you.

The Utah legislature just did away with masks, beginning in mid-April. So things are looking up for holding LDRS without masks.

There is still a federal mandate that we are watching. We'll make that call when we are much closer. But I agree, things are looking really good for a great LDRS!

I finally registered (including the banquet), have the hotel room, and am getting pumped for this! This event will be my first time at the Bonneville Salt Flats. Would it be better to bring a mini van or SUV? I plan on staying strictly on marked/approved driving areas, and do not plan any off-roading. I would prefer to do the mini van, but will go with the advice from those who know this first hand.

I finally registered (including the banquet), have the hotel room, and am getting pumped for this! This event will be my first time at the Bonneville Salt Flats. Would it be better to bring a mini van or SUV? I plan on staying strictly on marked/approved driving areas, and do not plan any off-roading. I would prefer to do the mini van, but will go with the advice from those who know this first hand.

That's awesome! You'll be fine with either.

Back