LDRS 38

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some new Info...

There are camper spaces with RV hookups at the Anthony City Lake. The lake is north of downtown Anthony and a bit west. If you want to find out more or reserve a spot over there, call Anthony City Hall 620-842-5434. There are large number of hookups at the park but a reservation is suggested, especially since it is a holiday weekend. Rental is $15 per night. No Refunds. Electricity and water is available.

More new info ...

Parking Info...

KLOUDBusters' elves will be out on Saturday, Sunday and Monday prior to LDRS 38 setting up the range and the parking area. We will be ready to accept guests on Tuesday August 27. If you arrive prior to Tuesday, don't get yourself settled in "permanently" - we may need you to relocate.

All flyers must check-in with KLOUDBusters personnel at the registration tent (white 10'X20' canopy) across from the LCO position (Range Head) along the west edge of the Rocket Pasture before parking any vehicle. Look for the flashing yellow strobe - someone will be there with parking details and a placard for authorized flyer parking.

Please observe all instructions from launch official personnel wearing safety vests and directions given on posted signage.

Rocket Pasture parking is limited to LDRS 38 registered flyers, KLOUDBusters members and farmers or landowners only. Others (i.e. spectators) will be parking north of 80th Street.

Thanks - Get ready for an amazing launch experience!

Good to know, I wondered about that, but I don't recall seeing much information about parking in general on the web site, maybe a sentence or two.
Parking in the north pasture means a walk of 1000 to 1400’ to LCO. Would actually be less footsteps then parking on the far south end of the Rocket Pasture.

Last edited:
Parking in the north pasture means a walk of 1000 to 1400’to LCO. Would actually be less footsteps then parking on the far south end of the Rocket Pasture.

Is that a big deal, assuming mobility is not an issue for the flyer, I'm guessing launch operations are broadcast over radio of some type?

Hearing launch ops is not a problem. We have a pro grade sound system with 16 speakers spread through out the field.

So we would have no problem hearing parked in the north pasture or extreme south end of the field?

Impressive.

Sorry for the 20 questions, but we have never been to Argonia, a LDRS, or any launch this large and so far away spending so much money. Just want to be sure get the most out of the event. Hope you understand, thx!

There is room for at least 450+ fliers in assorted sized camping areas. The big question left is how many campers and motor homes are going to show up. They require a lot more space and is the unknown nobody can really guess at this time. Once we have a count on pre-registration in 11 more days, we will have a better idea on how final layout will take place. Last year for Airfest we could have fit easily 200 more with room to spare.
Don’t put off your trip thinking you will have no place to set up. We will fit you in.

Wayne

There is room for at least 450+ fliers in assorted sized camping areas. The big question left is how many campers and motor homes are going to show up. They require a lot more space and is the unknown nobody can really guess at this time. Once we have a count on pre-registration in 11 more days, we will have a better idea on how final layout will take place. Last year for Airfest we could have fit easily 200 more with room to spare.
Don’t put off your trip thinking you will have no place to set up. We will fit you in.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne, Unfortunately our decision to attend hinges on information that won't be known until the week of the 5th. :(

If anyone is on the fence about going. Go. Just go. I've been to the Rocket Pasture twice and the Kloudbusters are the gold standard for running a large launch along with one of the best field setups anywhere. It's an incredible experience really.

301 Registered Flyers.

Me thinks there's gonna be a LOT of AP burned over the course of Labor Day weekend. Based on past experience, the number of registered flyers and, who's attending, there will be ~200+ "M" and above flights.

Last edited:
301 Registered Flyers.

Potentially at least 1/3-1/2 of that number will register at the launch. So possibly 450 flyers. There are two that haven’t registered yet. My daughter and I still need to register this week.

303 today. Usually, registration picks up during the month before the launch. My previous guess at 500 doesn't look so optimistic now.
Got up this morning and opened Google Calendar, LDRS is on the same page now. So I built an L935 Imax and prepped my Blackhawk 54. First rocket I've worked on in quite a while.

29 days to our departure from Goodyear, really looking forward to what Kloudbusters has prepped for us!
See you all on Tuesday.

Snipped........
29 days to our departure from Goodyear, really looking forward to what Kloudbusters has prepped for us!
See you all on Tuesday.

We are leaving in 30 days, but don't have as far to drive from Glendale.

M

We are leaving in 30 days, but don't have as far to drive from Glendale.

M

Were gonna take our time, traveling with your neighbors, Robert and Gloria.
Yeah, Glendale is what, about 20 miles closer? :D
I think our route is 1029 miles, staying off I-40 and that "hill" between Albuquerque and Moriarity.

Were gonna take our time, traveling with your neighbors, Robert and Gloria.
Yeah, Glendale is what, about 20 miles closer? :D
I think our route is 1029 miles, staying off I-40 and that "hill" between Albuquerque and Moriarity.

We are going I-40 to Oklahoma City and turning left, stopping for the night in Amarillo. 1140 miles to Wellington. On way back I will be alone so I may wander around.

M

So. Traveling miles. I'm driving this time out. Staying 2 weeks in Wichita. 1,869 miles from Everett to Wellington. Leaving early on the 20th. Arriving late on the 22nd. Will be available starting the 24th for setup. Leaving on the 5th. That gives me 2 days of rest afterward. Driving to the Bay Area to visit brother. 3 days 1,650 miles. 5 days later, back to Everett, 1½ days, 835 miles.
4,354 miles, 7½ days of driving. On a side note, will bring a rocket if I can squeeze an "I" impulse flight in:
"El Cohete"
IMG-0862.jpg

Sorry y’all. I’ll leave Wednesday morning and be there for lunch and help with final setup. 57 Miles from the rocket pasture.

700 miles away and wouldn't miss if for..., well have had the wife "come to jesus" arguments in the past and have always attended. Totally worth it!!! Do not miss this launch!!!

If anyone is on the fence about going. Go. Just go. I've been to the Rocket Pasture twice and the Kloudbusters are the gold standard for running a large launch along with one of the best field setups anywhere. It's an incredible experience really.
+1. Go! Bob, Lance, et. al., put on the ultimate launch! JUST GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back