LDRS 35: Who is going (and what are you bringing)?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woferry

Reaction score
A bit surprised that there hasn't been more activity around LDRS 35 here, TRF has 3 whole forums dedicated to LDRS but this year things seem to be pretty quiet and it's only a week away! This is my first LDRS so I'm looking forward to it. My dad and I plan to be showing up in our RV rental around noon-time Wednesday. He's got 3 rockets ready to fly, his L1 and L2 birds (GLR T-Bolt and Binder Excel, respectively) as well as a Madcow Frenzy XL 2" he just finished painting (his first DD rocket). I've got one rocket truly ready to fly (my RW Go Devil 38), three that would be ready to fly if not waiting for some final painting (modified GLR Firestorm 54, Binder Excel w/DD, Madcow Nike Smoke 4", my paint booth is going to get a workout the next few days :) ) and one more I'm hoping to have finished in time (RW Osprey 75). My night flier (LOC Minie-Magg) doesn't stand a chance of being done in time so it will be staying behind. No idea what motors we'll be flying, we'll figure that out based on what supply the vendors have. Will be going to the banquet on Saturday and then heading out Sunday morning.

Seems like a bunch of people have mentioned it in various threads, I figured I'd try to create a more focused one on TRF attendance.

Oh, and for those who have been to this site before, anybody know if there's cellular coverage (specifically AT&T) there? Just wondering if it will be a Black Rock-style void or if it's a more civilized area. :)

Sounds like you have some cool flights planned Will!

I'm bringing the Rayzor (hopefully fully painted) to fly a K740 to about 8800', hopefully followed by an L640 to 12000'+. Also flying some smaller stuff, a Vindicator Junior on H-J, Formula 75 on I's, and the ARROW should make an appearance too. Depending on timing I also have a J1055 for my ARLISS rocket for a fun teleportation flight.

For the night launches, I have a 4" cardboard rocket with 600 RGB LEDs (200 each of three colors, with I/R remote control), 300 lights on the booster and 300 on the payload. Should be pretty bright!

A bit surprised that there hasn't been more activity around LDRS 35 here, TRF has 3 whole forums dedicated to LDRS but this year things seem to be pretty quiet and it's only a week away! ....
Seems like a bunch of people have mentioned it in various threads, I figured I'd try to create a more focused one on TRF attendance.

Oh, and for those who have been to this site before, anybody know if there's cellular coverage (specifically AT&T) there? Just wondering if it will be a Black Rock-style void or if it's a more civilized area. :)

Yeah, almost seems like I have been talking to myself...

Very good cell phone coverage for all major carriers.

Definitely closer to civilization than Blackrock. Lucerne Valley is a small town, but only a few miles from the launch site. There are restaurants, a hardware store, and grocery store with a nice little deli. Within 30 to 45 minutes drive you can find fair sized towns with good shopping and services.

Be sure to check out the information on the web page, and we will see you next week!

I'm going...with no cool stuff-wahh! I toasted a disc in my back and haven't been to a launch in 6 mos. This will be more of a ground based event for me, two mile hikes are out of the question. Hope to meet a bunch 'o' TRF'ers out there! I'll be in the main SDTRA camp- stop by and say Hi!

Wildman's is coming to join up with Wildman West "Dr. Reese".
It's going to be a good haul for me. I have another launch in Wisconsin this Saturday. Then heading out from there, to be in California hopefully by Wednesday.1900 Miles 30+ hours in 3 days driving a train :jaw:
We plan on bringing a bunch of stuff, we will be introducing some new products along with some LDRS only sales.

I'm going...with no cool stuff-wahh! I toasted a disc in my back and haven't been to a launch in 6 mos. This will be more of a ground based event for me, two mile hikes are out of the question. Hope to meet a bunch 'o' TRF'ers out there! I'll be in the main SDTRA camp- stop by and say Hi!

Dave, if you want to fly something, I have a couple of young sons that would be willing to be your recovery team. We will there Friday and Saturday.

I will be arriving on Wednesday and leaving on Sunday. Planning on launching 5 night launch rockets, the largest being my brightly lit upscale Solar Flare on a K1275 Redline. I hope the wind speeds drop low enough at night to make that possible. During the day, I will fly my Broadhead (24 fins and a nose cone) and my Carbon Footprint. Will also be helping other SARA member with their flights (a number of 2 stage flights) and generally enjoying the show.

It's going to be a good haul for me. I have another launch in Wisconsin this Saturday. Then heading out from there, to be in California hopefully by Wednesday.1900 Miles 30+ hours in 3 days driving a train :jaw:
We plan on bringing a bunch of stuff, we will be introducing some new products along with some LDRS only sales.

Yay !

Kenny

Dave, if you want to fly something, I have a couple of young sons that would be willing to be your recovery team. We will there Friday and Saturday.
Bill=what a buddy! I'll put the Pimp(wild)Child back on the table-it's got a small but devoted group of fans who are waiting for it to disappear as it always does. Somehow-it always finds it's way home! I'll be the only guy out there with a purple carbon fibre looking cane!

Oh Lordy! With what CJ's selling and the goodies you bring-somebody has to drive the getaway car! They'll never find me at LDRS-will they?

Thought I would be a genuine Rocketeer and swing by for a bit. I need to burn some motors and work my way up the ladder on the "Newton Burn thread." After all, being the bottom 8 on the list doesn't make me look very serious about rockets.
Not that anybody cares to see my LPR's on a Large and Dangerous rocket of a day or anything.
See ya at LDRS 35 you will!!

My first LDRS, so I'm looking forward to the experience.

In addition to my sons flying their midrange birds, I hope to fly my 4 inch "ACME Instant Altitude" on a K1440.
ACME_zpskrllklc0.jpg

Then, my scratch 4 inch Black Brant on a L585.
img_0838b_zps2syobe60.jpg

3" 2 stage K-1075 skid to something dont know yet. 3 night flights including a 4" with 3200+ leds

A "fully functional" Comfort's condo will be set up by Tuesday evening. Hoping to get there early enough to help set up the range.

We will be bringing a small selection of Large, not so Dangerous Rocket Ships to fly, (some not so large....)

106.jpg

I'm bringing just a small number of smaller rockets, a Wildman Junior, a 3" Basic Blue that I used for my Level 1 and 2, and an Argent. And I just finished the Punisher Sport for the drag race. I plan to show up Thursday morning. I've wanted to go to an LDRS for years, so I'm really coming to watch more than to fly.

Joe

The fleet is massed just 7 hrs drive north of the lake bed.

IMG_0158 small.jpg

RW Broken Arrow XP 4" - AT L1420R
WM AAD-98 - AT K456DM
RW Sub-LIME - AT K805G
RW G3 - setup for night flight
RW Terminator - L900DM
RW Double Shot 2 Stage - AT J460T/I357T
WM Dual Deploy - AT K540M

and maybe more.....

Arriving Thursday afternoon, look for me under the California Flag.

Last edited:
I am going. I am bringing my Go Devil 38 and I hope to make Level 2. I am also bringing the coolest rocket ever, the Interceptor E. I will have an Eradicator and. an Honest John. I will bring my scratch built Wild Aspirations, an paper 29mm MD rocket.

Here's about half of the feet I'm bringing. Should be a good time! I've been prepping, planning, and building for weeks. Phil L.IMG_2747.JPG

I'll be there Friday evening into Monday morning.

I've got a fun project to fly. But my job is to help volunteer. I'll have the girl in tow too! Yay!

See you all out there.

We stopped by Aerotech and picked up our order and cleaned off what they had on the shelves. We made it to Vegas to plug in and top off the tanks before heading out to the lake bed in the afternoon .

We stopped by Aerotech and picked up our order and cleaned off what they had on the shelves. We made it to Vegas to plug in and top off the tanks before heading out to the lake bed in the afternoon .

Man, does that sound like a great run...
I'm really jealous,,, lol...
You guy's be very safe and have a wonderful time...

Teddy

Everybody should be very safe and have a wonderful time,, lol...

Bringin the usual stuff, only 1 new rocket, nothing fancy. I'll be hanging out next to Fudd , so stop by and say hi.

I will need a step ladder to arm the electronics on my Solar Flare. Will there be ones available at the launch site? I would rather not haul mine from home in my minivan if I can avoid it.

We have arrived! Got here around 11 am and the range was already set up, so we set up the trailer and just finished lunch. The A/C is running and the Rolling Stones are on the sound system!

Look forward to seeing you guys-haven't been to a launch in over 6 mos. I get to live the DarkStar dream vicariously! Is it getting crowded yet?

I will need a step ladder to arm the electronics on my Solar Flare. Will there be ones available at the launch site? I would rather not haul mine from home in my minivan if I can avoid it.

There usually are not and most bring their own. I am bringing one since I need it to arm electronics as well so you can borrow mine if you would like. It is a 4 foot step ladder. You can find me in the second row about in the middle. I will have a 10 foot tall rocket called Colossus right next to my RV, same one as in my avatar.

...Fudd

Back