LDRS 29 Registration is now open

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketRick

Reaction score

Registration is now open for LDRS 29!

In keeping with the LDRS 29 theme, "It's all about the rockets!", the Rocketry Organization of California (ROC) has done everything possible to keep the cost of flying at LDRS 29 as low as possible:

* LDRS 29 Flyer Advance Registration is just $29 per person for the entire event. (Spectators and parking are free, of course.) Fly one day, or fly all six, and you still only pay $29 per person.
o Why just $29? It's LDRS 29, and "It's all about the rockets!"

* LDRS 29 Banquet Tickets are just $29 per person. The Saturday night banquet will be held at the Sundowner Ranch in Lucerne Valley, just a short drive from the lake bed, so you won't spend much on fuel to get there and back. Such a deal! It's just $29 per person!

* We've also put together a special "combo deal" on an LDRS 29 Hat and an LDRS 29 T-Shirt, for just -- wait for it -- $29! (This saves you $6 off the individual prices of $20 for a T-shirt and $15 for a hat.)

LDRS 29 runs from June 10-15, 2010, and is being hosted by the Rocketry Organization of California (ROC) at Lucerne Dry Lake, in Lucerne Valley, CA.

What a bargain!...Now, if there were flights to CA for $29!:roll:

And if it were only a 29 mile drive as opposed to 2300+, I would be there!:eek:

What a bargain!...Now, if there were flights to CA for $29!:roll:

And if it were only a 29 mile drive as opposed to 2300+, I would be there!:eek:

Actually... you should be able to find some pretty low fares from ATL to LAX, non-stop even.

Now you just need to find someone who's driving out with room for rocket or two... :D

The launch site is in between LA and Las Vegas. It's probably cheaper (and easier!) to fly into Vegas and drive from there.

If we're able to go (still working on the finances; travel for six ain't cheap), that's what we'll do.

-Kevin

The launch site is in between LA and Las Vegas. It's probably cheaper (and easier!) to fly into Vegas and drive from there.

If we're able to go (still working on the finances; travel for six ain't cheap), that's what we'll do.

-Kevin

Vegas to Lucerne Valley is 190mi
LAX to Lucerne Valley is 120mi (and LAX is a PITA)

Like Mark said, Ontario International Airport is a great option. It's easy to get in and out of, only 70 miles from Lucerne Valley, and you miss most of the LA traffic... :cool:

Vegas to Lucerne Valley is 190mi
LAX to Lucerne Valley is 120mi (and LAX is a PITA)

Like Mark said, Ontario International Airport is a great option. It's easy to get in and out of, only 70 miles from Lucerne Valley, and you miss most of the LA traffic... :cool:

Yep, LAX is a ROYAL PITA:mad:..Did some poking around on Orbitz:

Depart June 9th and return on June 16th, economy, anytime:
ATL to LAX $344 1 stop (Spirit Airlines? Never heard of them)
JAX to LAX $261 1 stop(in Atlanta:rolleyes:)Out flight is on Delta
JAX to ONT $261 1 stop(in Atlanta)Out flight is on Delta
JAX to LAS $266 1 stop(in yep, Atlanta)Out flight is on Delta

The return flights get real funky though!:roll: The JAX to ONT is on Delta. The return flight is on Alaska Airlines, from Ontario to Seattle then to Jacksonville..Actually not as bad as I thought the fares would be..

Oh, and experience has shown that flying out of Savannah will usually add about $50 to $100 to the fare:confused2: go figure:rolleyes:

Hey Mister D, I can't wait for it to come back to SoCal.
I'll be looking for you old friend!

It'll be great to see you, too!

I went to an SCRA launch at the dam early last year with a group of SLI participants from Harvard-Westlake High School, but unfortunately didn't see you there. Linell flew a cool tri-motor twisty multi-tube thing, which was rather cool.

I really need to come to an SCRA launch every once in a while, and you should drive out to the occasional ROC launch....

I look forward to seeing you at LDRS, at least!

Cheers,

- Rick D.

I'll be there. It's only 1100 miles and ~17hrs.

:D

Back