LDRS 2004

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you use for most accurate prediction of altitude?

• Rocksim

• Wrasp

• Aerolab

• Manually calculate (note--NOT SWAG/guessing)

• Other tools (specify via reply to post)

• Instinct/experience

• Published tables

• Rocksim

• Wrasp

• Aerolab

• Manually calculate (note--NOT SWAG/guessing)

• Other tools (specify via reply to post)

• Instinct/experience

• Published tables

Results are only viewable after voting.

Joe Burger

Reaction score
Hey Gang!

LDRS is sure sneaking up fast isn't it? Wish I was able to attend but I will be back here in Utah working on more more more motors.

Gary will be attending sporting some new 29mm and 38mm reloads! Some 29/120 and 38/120 White Lightning reloads are being produced next week in an introductory amount and will ship to Gary. Stop by and see Gary for a first glance at these loads.

We have also produced a new reload with the RedLine formulation that will be attractive to the bowling ball lofters. The I600R-M :cool:

We have begun producing some 75mm and 98mm RedLine as well. These are the first loads in this category manufactured post fire and we are excited to have a limited amount available at LDRS. These loads are fun to watch.

We have been informed that the following dealers will be on site:

Magnum, Inc.
Performance Hobbies
A Wildman's Rocket Supply
Hangar 11

I am sure these dealers appreciate any support provided by attendees.

We hope everyone that does attend has a great time and that mother nature cooperates for the event.

Wow!!!:cool:

An I600R, I'd love to get my hands on one of them!!! What casing does it go into? Imagine what my Binder Stealth would do on that!!!

Jeees Joe, you guys are really turning out some bad a$$ motors. Keep 'em coming.:D :D :D

The I600R will fit in the 38/720 case.

We are extremely excited about moving on and creating new stuff! :cool:

Sounds awesome to me!!! How about some new loads for the 29-40-120 casing, or maybe some new formulations all together??;);)

I will be there and can't wait to see those motors!

Originally posted by DPatell
Sounds awesome to me!!! How about some new loads for the 29-40-120 casing, or maybe some new formulations all together??;);)

I hear that!!!

AT Skidmark anyone!!!:D :D :D

A G size Blue Thunder load for the 29/40-120 would be sweet also. I always wondered why there wasn't one.

BTW, the I600R would be the ideal motor for a minimum diameter machbuster. I'd love to try one in my Binder Stealth assuming the fins would stay on.:rolleyes: I built it stock.

FlisKits will be there. I'm surprised we're not on their list, we've been registered for over a month now

Originally posted by jflis
FlisKits will be there. I'm surprised we're not on their list, we've been registered for over a month now

Jim, I apologize and let me clarify.

The dealers I listed are the ones attending that will have our motors. I did not list all vendor/dealers that will be there.

No offense was intended or did I want to imply those were the only vendors appearing. Jim, you are listed under vendors.

All information on LDRS 2004 can be found at https://www.gorocketry.com/brs/ldrs23

Can you say Minee Magg?

That would be a COOOL flight!

Jason

Originally posted by Joe Burger
Jim, I apologize and let me clarify.

The dealers I listed are the ones attending that will have our motors. I did not list all vendor/dealers that will be there.

No offense was intended or did I want to imply those were the only vendors appearing. Jim, you are listed under vendors.

All information on LDRS 2004 can be found at https://www.gorocketry.com/brs/ldrs23

Yep, I got to check this morning :) No apologies needed, I was just commenting and when i read your note I went ot check and couldn't bring up the LDRS site, but got in this morning.

on with the show! :)

I knew I was forgetting someone too. :(

Impulse Buys will also be one of the lucky ones attending.

I am getting more and more jealous I won't be there. Hope everyone that does make it, post some cool pics.

I would really love to see some arial shots of the up state NY greenery from Ray. Mr. Dunakin? :D

So I take it that I600 has a new formulation of the Redline propellant. Could you take it and make a new load to replace that wimpy K1275R? <jk>:D

I can't wait to try out your sweet new I!

Originally posted by rocwizard
So I take it that I600 has a new formulation of the Redline propellant. Could you take it and make a new load to replace that wimpy K1275R? <jk>:D

I can't wait to try out your sweet new I!

Actually it is the same formulation. It just has a much larger core size on the grains.

You know Joe, why don't you and Gary switch places. Why don't you go off and have fun while Gary stays behind and makes more motors.

Oh BTW, I burned an H123W this weekend, great motor. I couldn't believe how big the flame was for a rather small load.

Keep up the great work.:)

Originally posted by Donaldsrockets
You know Joe, why don't you and Gary switch places. Why don't you go off and have fun while Gary stays behind and makes more motors.

What a great idea! LOL. Gary? Whadda ya say I go to LDRS instead? :D

Hm... Shadow and Flame... If I finished it real fast (all I have to do now is glass the cone...) I could fly it at LDRS on that new I... But no, I think ill save it for later...

But... In the "fire in the hole" rocket... minimum diameter, 10 ounces... MUST STOP THINKING ABOUT THE POSSIBILITIES!!!!

Ill go mad if I keep imagining my rockets going on that motor....:D

What about a 29MM Redline for the 120 case? THAT is what I am waiting for...:) A blue thunder for that case in "G" size would be good too...

But the one thing I really really really want is a long-burning reload for the 120 case. I dont care which propellant it is, but a nice long burn time... 5 or 6 seconds.:D Is there a way to make it work in that case?:D :) ;)

Originally posted by Neil

What about a 29MM Redline for the 120 case? THAT is what I am waiting for...:) A blue thunder for that case in "G" size would be good too...

What if I told you that Gary test fired a 38/120 RedLine and Blue Thunder last weekend at Mudroc? :D

How about I tease ya a little bit more and let you know those will be coming soon. :cool:

What if I tortured you a little further and told you we will be working on the 29/120 with RedLine and Blue Thunder in the coming weeks?? :cool:

Hang in there. Your wish may come true sooner than you think.

What if I tortured you a little further and told you we will be working on the 29/120 with RedLine and Blue Thunder in the coming weeks?? :cool:

Hang in there. Your wish may come true sooner than you think.

put me down for a case of redlines :D

now i have to wait knowing their coming? it was easier just hoping!

What if you told me all those things? I would be a very, very happy boy :D

My face would light up, and I would start begging my mom for more allowance to buy tons of em...:D ;)

Put me down for a whole batch of 29/120 Redlines... Oh, the heck with it. A batch of Blue Thunder loads too...:D ;) ;) ;)

but, i can't seem to get to anywhere to cert...my field is about maxed out at G-power...i'm getting depressed and ready to give up on HPR, to tell you the truth...

i'd personally love to see some nice 18mm and 24mm reloads with lots of flame and smoke so i can see 'em!
any idea when they will become more available?

Hm... Any chance of a green flame in the future? Kinda like the AMW Green Gorrila, but in a smaller package? I cant afford a big AMW load, or a rocket that can handle one, but if you made a similar type of propellant in 29MM and 38MM sizes... That would be something! I bet you could also make some money with bigger green loads...

Hm... You could be original and make a deep-purple flamed motor....;) Cant say I would want to buy it, though:D :p

Wow, this thread has gone from another LDRS thread to a "tell Aerotech what to make next" thread!:D I like it!;) :p

I sure wish i could attend!

is it easy to bring rockets on the plane?

Actually it is the same formulation. It just has a much larger core size on the grains.

So its kind of like a J420 with a larger bore size?

Looking forward to Gary's new loads for the 29 and 38mm cases. I been looking for a cheaper alternative the the Pro38 1 grain loads. Hope someone has the new cases at LDRS.

Al
BRS VP
LDRS 23 Hosts

I apologize for the delay in responding to the latest questions. My iMac caches are out of whack. :( Using the shipping PC system. :) Dude, we got a Dell.

We continued to work on the 18mm, 24mm and 29mm consumer stuff while we were prepping for LDRS. These lines mainly ship to distributors and we are unsure of how they move the loads on down the line.

We have shipped a majority of the 18mm loads on order. The distributors are ordering more.

We are making propellant for the E18's, F24's, F40's and G64's as we speak to knock out a bunch of that in the coming week or two.

The problem with the single use casing material has been resolved and that vendor is working on getting us that now so production can move forward again on our very popular single use lines. I know this makes many people happy.

We will not be producing green propellant. There is a chemical involved with this formulation that we would rather not deal with.

The I600 is in fact equal to the J420 except for the core size. Also some nozzle drilling and some secrets involved. LOL :D

Gary will be bringing 50 each of the 29/120 and 38/120 cases to LDRS and they will be equally distributed among the dealers in attendance. I am sure that these dealers will be handling these on a first come first served basis. Hangar 11, Performance Hobbies, Magnum and A Wildman's Rocketry Supply will be among the lucky firsts. Stop by and see them if you are interested. I would suggest doing that the first day or two. More of the cases are being ordered from our supplier in anticipation of the demand.

We hear your cries and we welcome all of your suggestions and ideas regarding motors and reloads. Now that we can put the past behind us, all we see is a brighter future for us and our customers.

Thanks for all the great input everyone!! :cool:

Originally posted by Elapid
I sure wish i could attend!

is it easy to bring rockets on the plane?

I surely hope you are referring to your birds and not the motors. :)

Joe - When will the I600R's be available to non-Bowling Ball Lofters?

I would like to fly my 4" Onyx upscale on one at LDRS for a crazy flight, but saw the deal that they will only be available to bowling ball lofters.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

What exactly was wrong with said SU case material?

I had a case fail a month or so ago, shipped in the non-combustable remains, and I have yet to hear anything... It was an F25 if that helps... The whole thing just shatterd, putting a big crack up my PML phenolic adaptor... At least it didnt hurt my rocket...

I hear with this kind of thing good things come to those who wait. I guess ill do that as long as neccesary;) :) :cool:

Do you think that blue thunder will ever been seen in your 75mm line? i realize it might not be workable in the 6400 case, 5120 on down seems very possible. those would be some awesome loads!:D

Back