Ldrs 2002

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibeblip

Reaction score
Is anyone in the Rocketry Forum planning to attend LDRS this year?

I'd love to but, I've got too many other plans this year to also include a trip all the way to Texas. I sure wish they'd have another east coast LDRS soon.

Ditto on the East Coast thing... Are you going Blip? Seems like it would only be a few hours for you...

I read somewhere that nobody had bid on next years LDRS. Maybe we can get it at Whitakers??

I'd really like to go, but can't honestly say that I will.

I was thinking that if anyone from TRF were going to be there, I would ditch work for one day and make a special trip to meet them on the field at Amarillo.

My big trip for the year IS my visit to Whitakers. 10 hours each way is about the most I'm willing to go.

Maybe next year?

Amarillo is 7-8 hours away from me. I had entertained the thought of going until I had a flood in my basement. KlpoudBusters, who flies in Argonia, KS, is mulling over LDRS for 2003. NMothing concrete yet but we had a vote earlier in the spring to sponser. It passed overwhelmingly so we'll see.

Swimmer

Well, from what I have heard, you haven't missed much by not going..... they got abunch of rain, making the whole field a big mudfest. It might clear up and dry for the next couple of days, we'll have to see..... Its too bad, because I wanted to look at pictures and movies from it...... but then again, yesterday was thursday and not many flights were planned for then.

Maybee they should name it LDRD Large and Dangerous Rain Drops ;)

-Brian Barney

There's a thread on ABMR right now calling it Large & Dangerous Rain Storms.

Looks like they had some monsoonal weather come through. Hopefully it will get cleared up and they can get some flights in.

I knew central Texas was flooding...but it's pretty dry in El Paso at the faaaar west end. I would have thought Amarillo would have been on the drier side. Bummer.

Back