LDRS 1995 [Black Rock Desert]

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunkie

Reaction score
An oldie but a goodie.

I updated my 1995 LDRS trip report with two videos of my Magnum flying on a K550 and John Heinze and my Tangerine Trip flying on a M1939 to L952. I also added the goofy interview that I did with Earl Cagle.

If you're interested:

https://www.ghiz.org/1995ldrs.shtml

You'll have to scroll down for the video links. Everyone should go to Black Rock for a rocket launch.

Very nice video's! Love the Magnum flight.

Any video of the K250 flight you had??

Heh! I remember that interview from my LDRS 14 video. Cool flight, even without the airstarts. Having said that, I remember thinking "wasn't that the guy that flew the Magnum in my LDRS 14 video?" while I was at my one day of LDRS 19. Were you trucking around some kids on your shoulders? I think it was you. Haha...what a coincidence, and a sad one at that considering I actually remembered that. Cool videos, nonetheless...oh, and I like the paint scheme you used on the Magnum. Roll patterns always look cool.

That's where I got hit by 8 lb of chalk when the ejection fired on the ground. Then, when I finally got everything ready, the P motor cato'd :( :( :(

I'm guessing you're Tom B (P motor, South Georgia, 1995 LDRS). We were truly looking forward to your P flight, if that is you. We thought your rocket had the best chance of having a successful flight. You seem to follow the same dictum as we do, K.I.S.S..

Small world. I probably had one, two, or psooibly even three kids attached to me in some fashion during LDRS 2000.

I wish I had a video of the K250 flight. It was incredible. The walk back to the range head was even more memorable. I could clearly see launches going off, but no sound.

Back