launched first G64

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketsonly

Reaction score
I just launched my FIRST EVER G64 today! Boy are those LOUD! Nice bright flame as well, but couldn't see much smoke. No wonder why those are so sought after!

Not to mention, my first reload :D

And I must say, the process of assembling the motors was not as bad as I was expecting them to be.

Originally posted by rocketsonly
I just launched my FIRST EVER G64 today! Boy are those LOUD! Nice bright flame as well, but couldn't see much smoke. No wonder why those are so sought after!

I love G64's, sweeeeeet motor.

Yes they do have a very nice flame and they have a LOT of smoke, it's just more visible on a bright clear day.

I also am impressed by the size of the grain, one very long chunk of AP.:D

At $12 each, they are a good value, great load for my G-Force. Also flew one in my Arcas and it ripped.:D

My first G motor was a G64, launched in 94 in a NCR Phantom 4000. It Catoed. After repairs to the Phantom, I launched it again with a G40-7W in my backyard (I was in PA at that time). That became my first G motor.

Originally posted by n3tjm
My first G motor was a G64, launched in 94 in a NCR Phantom 4000. It Catoed. After repairs to the Phantom, I launched it again with a G40-7W in my backyard (I was in PA at that time). That became my first G motor.

What happened when it went CATO? What caused it?

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. im definately picking up one of those cases. im looking at a 38mm case right now. if i can get funds together quick enough i might have a shot at grabbing it.
most of the RMS G's that i've heard cream all of the SU motors in sound.

The motor blew its nozzle. The surface mount fins did not handle landing back down on the launch pad very well...

Yes, it is for the RMS 29/40-120.

doug, if you still have that case in 3 weeks, im a definate buyer. barring some sort of strange occurance where either someone steals my debit card and finds out my pin number and steals all my money, or i get into a car accident, or some other weird thing. but 3 weeks i can guarantee i'll buy it.

I just ordered one of these. It will also be my first time with the G64. It will go into my AT Sumo, which has yet to be build...As soon as I have time, I will get it done. Does anyone know how this motor does in the Sumo?

dont know about that motor, but doug had a sumo today at CMASS and that baby was SWEET. i forget what he shot it on though. i would imagine it would do great. that rocket is very nice. i would've bought one if it wasnt 100 bucks.

I shot mine twice. First flight was a RMS 29/100 loaded with a G54-6W, and then again with a RMS 29/180 with a G75-6J. I have pics :). Soon I will post em :D.

The first time I ever flew my NCR Lance Beta, it was on a G64-4, and it was an interesting flight...the rocket was too heavy, and as soon as the rocket cleared the pad it laid over sideways and flew about 500' horizontal...total user error.

Or maybe it's NCR! Here is another case of pilot error, as a G64 had a burn thru on the upper closure for an aerial ballet of sorts...this is an NCR Patriot...or it was.

No this one was not mine, only the photo is :D

In defense of the G64 and the 29/40-120 casing, this is the best motor for MPR in my opinion. Next would be the G33; then the F40; then the F22...etc. etc.

The G64 is by far my favorite MPR load.

The perfect motor for mpr? G75 BLACK JACK :D. Almost a full G, dark smoke, and cheap :D.

I am aweful fond of G64's too :D.

interesting thread.... I have 4 G64's waiting to fly.. tomorow! glad to hear good things about them. My first 'G' was a G33.

I have never tried the G75...saw one next to an H128 back in 1998, and they were both priced at $9.75...hmmmm let me see :D

In defense of North Coast Rocketry and the Patriot, these are are not cursed combos when paired with the G64 as evidensed by this beautiful shot:

Photo courtesy of Ronny Tipps

Congratulations. I fondly remember flying my first reload. If you think that's loud try the mighty K1100!
:cool:

hi, my first G-Motor was a G35(yeah i like longburners)

here`s a pic of the flight

Looooooove the G64! I've flown them in my Small Endeavour and in my PML Amraam 2. Great load! The F40 is another favorite of mine, as is the F52.

Loopy

Back