Launched Estes Amazon today

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MERector

Reaction score
After having gotten my first rocket starter kit back in June, I finally got to launching one of the two. I left the Crossfire ISX at home, and launched just the Amazon a total of 4 times. The first launch was with an A8-3 engine that didn't even launch the Amazon high enough to open the parachute. I launched from a large abandoned parking lot and I was almost certain that was going to break it. Luckily it was still in good condition.
The other 3 launches were with the B6-4 which sent it much higher into the air, and allowed the rocket plenty of time to spit out the parachute and come down to a much smoother landing.

The first 30 seconds or so of the video below (link to it on youtube) is slow motion at 1/8th speed. The rocket is only in view for a short amount of time at launch. Then I ran over and picked up the camera for the descent. Best I could do while launching and trying to operate the camera. Really, the best part is the first couple seconds of seeing it launch at a slower speed.

29793e30959c84d3f34298103f508c14.jpg

83967ee87e599bb5131793d965e7a8c1.jpg

https://youtu.be/WkZAaT-3yHU

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Congratulations on your first launch! Good to hear that it was recovered. I myself only got into the hobby in april of this year. I do recomend launching the Crossfire on an A motor for tje first launch. Those smaller ones can get really high really fast. Good luck with all of your launches!

I'm about 8 launches in to this hobby, I've lost 3 rockets. A homemade one that just destroyed itself, an old Estes, unkown model, and my Estes Eliminator. Final Launch here: [video=youtube;dhEqeHeLnh0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhEqeHeLnh0[/video]
So I'm glad you got your first launch back, Also I gave you a thumbs up on YT, but next time, normal speed :)

Back