Launch Today! Pics Inside...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKTurbo

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It was just too nice of a day to pass up. We headed out to a friend's little piece of land and burnt some black powder (some APCP too)

Here are the pics...
https://photos.yahoo.com/[email protected]

Go to the album marked "2004-06-..."

We had a great time, and launched practically everything we had.

The victims were:
The MIKE IX cracked a fin on landing...repairable...

The Goblin ripped a fin (again) on a D12-5....repairable...

The chute fouled on the Maxi Red Max and it came down pretty hard. The landing put a good sized scar on Gordon's nice nose cone. I'm not sure if I'll fix it or leave it as a "battle wound".

(This is the heart breaker) My signed Deuce's Wild went up on only one C6-5. Post mortum discovered a bad ignitor. One engine flights on this bird are not pretty. It went up about 30 feet and started flying completely horizontal. Man those C6's burn a long time sideways.... Hit the ground hard, then the ejection charge popped out the one engine. The nose cone is burried up the body tube. I think it's repairable, but it will need a nose cone ectomy. Everything else on it looks fine. It WILL fly again.

Let me know how the Yahoo Picture album works for you. (This is easier than attaching pics to the posts)

A good day overall,
John

looks like you had a great flying day, sorry to hear about the deuce...

Very nice pictures!! I have SBC Yahoo as well, how'd you get those pictures accessible w/o having visitors log in ?

For Yahoo Photos, there is a "public" share under "Edit album info". It's pretty easy to miss, but there is an Advanced Sharing setting where you can set it to "public".

So I guess you guys are able to see them OK? Glad you liked them...it was a fun evening.

John

Wow! I love that pic of the Mike IX taking off. :D

A pity about the Duece though.

Phil

Nice Pics! One thing I noticed were two Thrustline Beta projects awefully close together! SHARE THE LOVE!;) :D

Back