Launch Site Directory

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EeebeeE

Reaction score
Seems like there is no centralized list of launch sites including location, type of surface, and most importantly waiver information. I am trying to find the nearest location to me in Western NY that has a 40,000'+ waiver. I'm pretty sure I am not the only one who would benefit by having this info at my fingertips.

Argonia, champ.

if anyone closer has one, they're taking efforts to hide that fact

There might be one in Minnesota, but they do not show their waiver. Ultimately, It can be an excel spreadsheet. TRF could host it. See the attached with two examples I know about.

View attachment 323833

I live in Wisconsin, and I have never heard of any launch site closer than Argonia with that high a waiver.

The best I know of in the immediate area ( a few hour drive) that I am aware of is QCRS with a 16k waiver.

I think Minnesotas waiver is 20k? That being said, they just launched a rocket with a P motor there over the weekend.

Eebee- come to Midwest Power in Princeton in November!

Seems like there is no centralized list of launch sites including location, type of surface, and most importantly waiver information. I am trying to find the nearest location to me in Western NY that has a 40,000'+ waiver. I'm pretty sure I am not the only one who would benefit by having this info at my fingertips.

A central list - that's a great idea! Maintaining and updating it would probably be the hardest part. 40,000 - that's pretty high, "extreme" even. I bet there's only a few waivers that high in the whole country.

There is already a centralized list of rocketry clubs at:

https://www.rocketreviews.com/rocketry-clubs.html

I can add searchable fields such as the waiver altitude to the listings if that will be of use. In the mean time, if you wish to add such information to a club listing, you can post a comment.

-- Roger

There is already a centralized list of rocketry clubs at:

https://www.rocketreviews.com/rocketry-clubs.html

I can add searchable fields such as the waiver altitude to the listings if that will be of use. In the mean time, if you wish to add such information to a club listing, you can post a comment.

-- Roger

That would be great. Should also include restrictions as well. Some sites may have a 10,000' waiver but restrict flights to K motors or less. Thanks.

And it looks like Argonia is the area closet to me with a 40,000'+ waiver. Only a 19-hour drive according to Google Maps.

I love the triangle in the south western part of the country.. Maybe we should all gather there ? HAHAHAHAHAAHAH

There is no 40k plus site in Minnesota. Unless it is a secret to the local Tripoli members

And it looks like Argonia is the area closet to me with a 40,000'+ waiver. Only a 19-hour drive according to Google Maps.

...and a launch there in 6 weeks! Kloudbusters I think would some paperwork pretty quickly I believe

Back