Launch report feb 14 09

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred22

Reaction score
Well I put up four rockets today. The candian arrow,semroc defender,zooch soyuz and red river stratos. I got out late and it was cloudy so I had to use a over 100 ISO which is easy to tell :) First up was the arrow on a D12-5 :)

arrow ignition.jpg

arrow takeoff.jpg

The zooch soyuz was next. It went up rock steady but I guess I did not secure the shock cord well enough to the shock cord and it came down in two pieces. No real damage so no big deal :)

soyuz ignition close-up.jpg

soyuz inflight2.jpg

soyuz inflight closeup 1.jpg

soyuz launch 1.jpg

soyuz launch 2.jpg

I sent up the defender next. The flame with three engines is mighty impressive. Must have packed the chutes too tight as it lawn darted but It made a great humming noise coming down :) I will buy another :)

defender launch overview.jpg

The red river stratos was next. I used some excelsior decals to candianify it and I really liked the cold war fighter look I got :)

stratos ignition closeup.jpg

stratos inflight.jpg

stratos inflight 2.jpg

stratos liftoff.jpg

stratos inflight close up 1.jpg

Some more stratos pictures. It was a dark cold day but man this was first daytime launch since last summer so I had to go :) The high ISO accounts for the grain or noise whatever but still the it was fun sending them up and taking pictures :) I found it a little strage there was still a small flame at the end of the rocket when it ejected :)
Cheers
fred

stratos ejection.jpg

stratos chute candle.jpg

stratos chute.jpg

Very nice Fred!

The Soyuz and Stratos look very nice in flight!

It's a shame about the Defender. Was it a total loss? or can it be rebuilt?

Great pics as always Fred, the Soyuz looks awesome against the overcast sky!

Very nice Fred!

The Soyuz and Stratos look very nice in flight!

It's a shame about the Defender. Was it a total loss? or can it be rebuilt?

The upper half is a writeoff but the lower half is good. I am hopng I can just replace that bit :)
Thanks
fred

They all look nice. I kinda like the snow too. I've heard of that stuff.

Back