[Launch Report] Cherokee-D is soooooo smoooooth!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spacepirate R

Reaction score
I had time for a few launches this morning so I finally decided to put up my cloned Cherokee-D with a D12-5. I have only launched it once before with a C11-5 and that was a nice flight, this one was even better! It quickly but smoothly soared into the sky! Thank goodness for the tracking smoke as it was just a speck up there! I had reefed and spill-holed it's 12" parachute and it came down smoothly and still within the bounds of the field. It landed with a light "thunk" on it's engine hook (sparse grass). What a flight! I think that it was one of the best flights that I have ever done. This is a terrific rocket!

Next, for a bit of contrast, I launched my Estes Dink with an A3-4T. This little E2X rocket goes pretty high and straight but the 6" chute has never worked very well. Great flight but I think that I might swap the chute out with a streamer.

I then flew my Falcon Commander UCAV on a B6-4. Great flight up but it took a while for the chute to open and it "glided" across the field. Safe landing though.

My last flight of the day was my Semroc Stellar Spartan with a B6-4. Straight up and high! It drifted a bit on the way down though and landed on the dirt and rocks. Minor ding on a fin and small dent on the nose cone. I built it to fly though, not just look pretty so no problem! :cool:

All in all a great morning!:D

I'm not envious...I'm jealous!:mad:

I can't even go outside.

It's sooooooooo COLD!!

I'm not envious...I'm jealous!:mad:

I can't even go outside.

It's sooooooooo COLD!!

The Phoenix, AZ area is weird. It will 80 degrees this week! Just wait though, when your weather is nice it will be over 100 degrees here and I'll be stuck inside with the AC blasting!

Back