Launch report Boyce Aerospace Nikes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next was the Nike Hercules. I’d been apprehensive about this one because of the weight and the cluster of 4 D12s and there is hardly any room for a big chute. My Roachwerks Nike was lighter and had a big chute compartment. There was mention of using D12-5s and D12-3s also. I went with D12-3s but had to peel a layer of paper off each one to fit.8F07B08C-5962-49EE-80BE-F8EE56BA6323.jpeg

Thanks for the report! I just flew my Boyce mini Herc. They suggest a 5 second delay motor but a 3 will be in it next time as it arced over pretty good. It's heavy but flies great. Yeah, I could only get a 12" parachute in there and it came down fast.

Great you had a good flight! Any pictures? It was possible to barely get a thin mil 22" chute in. I bet it did come down fast with a 12 incher! :oops: The 3 sec delay was just right!

Unedited video...

I have asked the folks at Boyce about printing the larger scale Hercules with a single 29 mm motor capability. They said that they would consider it.

I have to admit, that when I read the title of this post, I thought for a second that Beyonce' had gotten into the model rocket business.

Back