Launch Picture

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbeckey

Reaction score
Big Daddy on a D12. First time I've ever gotten a good launch pic.

nice pic. You gotta love when you get a nice lift off shot. You can really see what the rocket looks like taking off before it is off into the sky...

It took me awhile to get the hang of my new digital camera. I have to press the shutter button halfway and hold it while it focuses, then I can attempt to catch the rocket at the moment of lift-off. I took a picture of just about every rocket launched at Amesbury recently for practice and I now have about an 80% success rate. Here is a pic of my very old Centuri Mercury Redstone at the Tewksbury launch. You can see the quarter moon directly above the rocket. This is one of my best so far.

Fantastic pics, almost makes me want to start my Redstone but since it's almost 11pm I won't. Thanks for sharing some great shots.:)

that is a sweet pic. The moon adds for a nice effect. I was looking at your avatar and was wondering if you were from CMASS

I've been flying at the CMASS launches for almost 3 years. I haven't joined yet but it's on my "to do" list along with all of my other projects!
My avatar is looking at pad A.

Thats Awsome!!! :) I have been flying there for about that time
I will have to meet you next launch. I dont know if you know Doug but I am usually with him at the launches. I dont know what you look like but there is a picture of me and Doug in the NSL post. I will try to find you

Rbeckey...great launch pic man...looks like you have it down to an art!!! Well done! Now, go get some more please. ;)

Another nice pic from you too Lamart...nice Redstone!

Carl

I'm still trying to figure out our new digital camera. I understand these things aren't supposed to be the greatest for taking liftoff pcitures, but I got a couple of halfway decent ones. Here's my own Big Daddy on a D12, taken at Ardmore last weekend...

Latest posts

Back