Launch pics 6-5-04

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grimlock3000

Reaction score
First up, my friend's son getting his first taste of rocketry, the rocket on the pad is my pink Wizard, it flew this flight on a A8-3:

lp1.jpg

Here is my Baby Bertha getting boost on a B6-4:

lp2.jpg

Right in the middle you can see the Baby Bertha coming down, this is a good view of the field:

lp3.jpg

The Superbird was the first C flight of the day. It went great until the wind changed as the rocket was coming down. The rocket got stuck in a tree right at the edge of the field. It was low enough that we threw sticks at the rocket until we whacked it out of the tree:

lp4.jpg

No idea what this flight was, but it is another nice shot of the field from a slightly different angle:

lp5.jpg

After a bunch of great flights and getting my Superbird out of the tree, putting a C6-5 in a Wizard seems like a really good idea. Then this happens:

lp6.jpg

Like the Superbird, the Wizard was stuck in a tree right at the edge of the field. Unlike the Superbird, this was REALLY high up in the tree, no chance of recovery :(

And finally, on one of the last flights of the day, I snapped this pic of the Superbird boosting up on a C6-5:

lp7.jpg

Good thing I got it out of the tree :D

Again, how do you get such great photos?!?

Fast shutter and a lot of luck. I stand back a bit, point the camera to where the rocket should be, and try to time it right. Some of the pics end up like this:

oops.jpg

This was the Wizard on a B6-4 flight.

I was thinking about sending the Superbird pic to Quest and maybe they could use it on their website, but their website is still being built :D

Beautiful pictures! I hate looking at pix like that while I'm stuck at work!:mad:

Back