Launch Pad Tan-SAM (Type 81 - Japan)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetra2

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was surfing on eBay earlier today, looking at whatever caught my eye. Well, there was a The Launch Pad kit that caught my eye. It was the Tan-SAM (Type 81 Japan). Since I don't have the money to buy said kit, I was thinking that I could scratch build a version basing it on the BT-60 tube, since I DO have that and a Big Bertha style NC, both of which would be perfect for building a BT-60 version of that rocket. My question is, does anyone have scale data on this rocket or the plans that TLP provided so that I can start work on this rocket?

Thanks a bunch,
Jason

I was unable to find an scale data for you...... But I did find a pic of the "launch pad" kit coming off the pad..........

Jason, this might sound funny, but I actually traced the cover art on the Falcon and created fin templates. If you are seriously pursuing this rocket, let me know and I will gladly make you a fin set. See attached so get an idea. Granted, this is guaranteed to be somewhat off scale from the kit original, but I bet this pattern is darn close.

For those that never saw my thread, here is a comparison of the two. See attached.

kit_scratch_compare.jpg

....and one last pic since I know everyone loves pics. (Finished Falcon...)

Jason, good luck with the Tan SAM. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Originally posted by eugenefl
For those that never saw my thread, here is a comparison of the two.

WOW, that is real close......... I wonder where the Japanese got their design from????

Latest posts

Back