Launch Pad Question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oddl' Rockets (hcmbanjo here on TRF) sells a nifty little device called the Raise spring. It's basically a small spring with the top part at a right angle and a piece of brass rod attached to the bent part. They work very good for most LPR and MPR rockets. I have been using the same one for several years and can say that it is quite durable.

For rails, I bought an attachment from Doghouse Rocketry.

Check with Mike Fisher at BinderDesign.com . He may still have them.

Long story on the name.

For rods a bit of PVC pipe or a wooden block with a hole to match the rod diameter.

For rails I use one of the brackets made to attach the rails at right angles.

I usually grab a corncob from the field, but I admit that's not a universal solution

Image may contain: outdoor

Michigan Team-1 uses a small collection of 4"x4"x4" wooden blocks. They are electrically nonconductive, have never caught fire, and work great every time. They are now all a delightful black color, coated with years of rocket exhaust, and have more up-close-and-personal experience with rocketry than most of our prefecture members. Depending on your point of view, coming back reincarnated as one of these would be the best thing ever . . . or the worst . . .

Bob Schultz 07/09/20

I usually grab a corncob from the field, but I admit that's not a universal solution

Image may contain: outdoor
As an Iowan, I love it. However, could a c huff dislodge the corn cobs, allowing the rocket to kiss the blast plate before it hopfuly takes off?

I use and old thread spool. Wood or plastic works. Most of my rockets are big enough to not melt the plastic ones.

Latest posts

Back