LAUNCH Magazine

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mperdue

Reaction score
From Mark and Deb...

"As we prepare to bring the print version of LAUNCH Magazine out of hiatus, we wanted to thank you for your patience by uploading more content from our December issue, which featured the 40th anniversary of Apollo 8 on the cover. We hope you’ll enjoy these features online. And we look forward to bringing back the full print version as soon as possible."

So, while you're waiting for your printed copy of the December issue you can now read a selection of articles from it. Click on the images in the slide show to view the full article.

LAUNCH Magazine

Mario

For those who may be interested in the 2008 WSMC in Spain, please check out the article I wrote. Wait for the slideshow to come up with the “World Class” title, with James Duffy’s Little Joe-I, and click on it to download the PDF file.

- George Gassaway

Last edited:
Wonderful news. I can't wait for LAUNCH mag to come back. It's my ideal balance of space modeling, space history, and current events. Thank you to Mario, Mark, Deb, and the whole LAUNCH staff for such a fine publication.

Yes. However, according to Mark, there were problems with the printer related to getting it properly mailed out.

-Kevin
Some people got it and some didn't. I understand that replacement issues are on their way now.

Mario

We got ours an hour ago. Great issue. Worth the wait.

Wonderful news. I can't wait for LAUNCH mag to come back. It's my ideal balance of space modeling, space history, and current events. Thank you to Mario, Mark, Deb, and the whole LAUNCH staff for such a fine publication.

I second that, daveyfire.

Some people got it and some didn't. I understand that replacement issues are on their way now.

Mario

I never got a renewal notice after being a subscriber from the beginning, so I've missed out on this issue. Do you know if they are accepting renewals?

I never got a renewal notice after being a subscriber from the beginning, so I've missed out on this issue. Do you know if they are accepting renewals?
It is my understanding that they are not currently accepting subscriptions due to the magazine being on hiatus.

Mario

Got mine this past Saturday; great issue and well worth the wait. Easier for
me to read the hard (magazine) copy instead of the pdf version on line (if one
was to ask me).

Got mine this past Saturday; great issue and well worth the wait. Easier for
me to read the hard (magazine) copy instead of the pdf version on line (if one
was to ask me).

Just got mine today... it was worth it...

Good luck and come back soon LAUNCH! OL JR :)

Still waiting for mine :(

I skimmed through someone else's copy on Sunday, but I'm still looking forward to reading the Saturn article.

So they are shipping the December issue? I haven't recieved mine either, just fired off an email to find out when I can expect to get my copy.

Yes, the issue coming out simply states it's the "December" issue; not Nov/Dec. Regardless it's a pretty neat read this month.

I got mine yesterday. As always - well worth the wait!

Confirming delivery in Alabama 2/18. LAUNCH is always an interesting read, great pictures, art and layout. Hey, there's George!

You know I'm kinda jealous of Mark Mayfield, taking a passion and making it into a job.

One day I'll get there . . .

You know I'm kinda jealous of Mark Mayfield, taking a passion and making it into a job.

One day I'll get there . . .

You mean this isn't your job and passion?!? JK:p, they way some people were acting when you were working on reviving TRF (and from your sick bed!) it seemed they thought this was your day job...appreciate your work and your passion -- even if it is "just" for a hobby:D

For those who are wondering, I just got off the phone w/ Mark Mayfield, and have some information that he has said I can share....

Mark and Deb are working hard to make sure Launch is back up and running as quickly as possible. When it comes back out of hiatus, they do not want it to go back into hiatus again, and so their final timing will be based on what they have a high degree of confidence will meet that goal.

That said...

The current target is the May/June issue. That may change, but that's the target as of today.

As they've already said, everyone's subscription is "on hold," which means that if your subscription was scheduled to end after the Jan/Feb issue, it will end with their next print issue -- you will receive the number of issues you paid for.

In addition, there is a possibility of a bonus for folks whose subscriptions are on hold -- as you may or may not know, M&M Publishing also publishes Ad Astra, the publication of the National Space Society. They are considering sending one free issue of Ad Astra to all Launch subscribers who are affected by this hiatus.

None of this is etched in stone, but it comes directly from Mark Mayfield, and is being passed along with his permission.

-Kevin

Back