Launch Lab Rocketry - Bullet Bobby

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw a post on FB about this lil fella. I have added some bullet bill stickers to a big daddy and have a hidden bullet bill sticker on my bike. This lil fella might just get me back into rocketry.

Edit: Purchased :)
Got your order, thank you. Will go out tomorrow! It's a fun rocket that can take a beating and I hope you enjoy it!

I have a Bullet Bobby too. I just ordered decals from stickershock23, upscaled for a 7.75” rocket, my Smokin Rockets Chubsy is going to become a Bullet Bill, the actual name of the Super Mario Brothers character that has a trademark.

Oh, man! I played that video and my 35 year old (autistic) son came in when he heard the music and knew "Bullet Bill" right away! He says I should get that rocket, so I'm going to have to get an order together here.

Now, uh, in addition to "Boosted Bobby" has any thought been given to a 24 mm motor mount? Or would that be a bit of overkill? Granted, I'm a small field guy, but that is a draggy looking rocket!

Oh, man! I played that video and my 35 year old (autistic) son came in when he heard the music and knew "Bullet Bill" right away! He says I should get that rocket, so I'm going to have to get an order together here.

Now, uh, in addition to "Boosted Bobby" has any thought been given to a 24 mm motor mount? Or would that be a bit of overkill? Granted, I'm a small field guy, but that is a draggy looking rocket!

24mm is in the works, and super easy even in the same form factor. Not overkill in the least lol, except when you put like a composite E30 in it. I have a full line of 24mm engines ready to test a production model soon!

24mm is in the works, and super easy even in the same form factor. Not overkill in the least lol, except when you put like a composite E30 in it. I have a full line of 24mm engines ready to test a production model soon!
Crazy me, right now I'm quite the small field guy, why am I asking about 24 mm motors in this little beauty? Still it'd give ultimate flexibility as one could easy enough pop an 18 mm adaper into it for lower altitudes and when the wind is picking up. I'd say it's a great move, I'm making plans already!

Last edited:
FYI, some 35 years after the game was released, there is still a “cult” of dedicated gamers out there who are set on finishing the game in the least amount of time possible. A new record was set 3 days ago. I’m not a gamer but I found this strangely entertaining. Incidentally, the bullet plays an important role.

I picked one up a couple of weeks ago. Great service BTW! I'm trying to decide between building it 18mm or 24mm. I CAD'ed it up and stuck an RMS-24/40 in there just to see what it looks like. I think it looks kinda cute in there.

Randy

View attachment 461744
Holy smokes, that doesn't seem to leave much room for the laundry! Time to build a nomex 'chute! But the situation wouldn't be that much different with an 18 or 24 x 70 mm BP motor either, would it?

Holy smokes, that doesn't seem to leave much room for the laundry! Time to build a nomex 'chute! But the situation wouldn't be that much different with an 18 or 24 x 70 mm BP motor either, would it?
Stick the ejection end through a spillhole, that's how my Big Daddy runs.

Back