Latest project complete: BSD Apache

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalligood

Reaction score
Last night I put the finishing touches on my BSD Apache. I've been wanting to build one of these for a while now & I gotta tell ya...it was worth it!

I'm pretty excited & proud of the way it turned out. I wanted a paint scheme that had a classic, retro look to it. I think I got what I was after :cool: FYI: All of the decals come with the kit except for the one that says 'The "Sam" Rocket'. That particular vinyl decal I had made locally. Long story short, my dad (who I oddly always called him by his first name--go figure!) & I built & flew the small Estes rockets over 20 years together when I was a kid. He passed away several years ago & I built this (with my mom's suggestion) to dedicate to him.

The plan is to launch it for the first time on March 20 with a Pro38 I205. In the picture below, I have my BSD Thor next to it. I'm also planning to go for my Level 2 with it on a Pro38 J285 :D

Look for a full review of the Apache in the late March/early April update on EMRR.

nice rocket, I saw one of these fly on a J415 the thing absolutly ripped. It was awesome. Good luck

Have you flown The Apache on any other Motors since? Think you said it cocked to one side right after thrust? Thanks!

Very nice. That is one kit I've been eyeing for a long, long time.

Just finished up the build of my new BSD Apache, I've always liked this kit and I figure I better get it NOW as with whats going on with BSD. I got the 54mm Version, Naturally I made it DD and I glassed it as well, This kit is just made for Altitude!
My&

Same here so if anyone has one preferably the 54mm version please post, Motors used, altitudes obtained, stability in flight etc.

I've got one I converted to 54mm (got it before that option was available). I built it completely stock with the exception of the motor mount mod and tried to keep it light for 54mm long burns. It's my favorite rocket for J90W and J135Ws... I'm thinking about a K185W next time. Nice flights, straight as an arrow, and dramatic as all get out. I get about 4k out of a J90W and 5.5k out of a J135W.

Back