Latest additions to the fleet

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loojack

Reaction score
Here is the latest additions to the fleet, the silver one is frm JimZ web site, it's called 1940 Exploratory Planetary Cargo Ferry. It's made from a 9 1/2" bt-50 and a short bt-60 a couple of shrouds printed in 110lb card stock, and some launch lugs to "simulate" a Radium power rocket tube tail. It has large fins with "wing tip landing shocks" for stable boosts and three point landings! Classic sci-fi! On Jimz's wed stie click on "Estes DOM" It's got a lot of great rockets to build. The other is a SCUD with a "roll yer own nose cone" I built it with an 18mm motor, in hind sight (always 20-20) I wish I'd used a 13mm motor. Hmmmm, another excuse to built one more! Here they are, be kind! :D

both very cool, I like how the first one is like a body tube in shape

Sweet Exploratory Planetary Cargo Ferry rocket. I recall seeing plans for this rocket in an early 90's Estes Model Rocket News. MRN was awesome. I absolutely drooled over these magazines whenever I would receive one in the mail. Those were the days... :(

Back