Last minute request for help - Can someone perform a memorial launch this weekend?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennB

I-95 Envoy
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The local clubs both have scheduled launches on 16 September and cannot help this family. Are there any folks who can help?

Here is the email the family sent out. If you can help, send me a personal message and I can give you the phone contact info for the uncle who is coordinating this effort:
Hi Friends, Sorry for the spam. I've put several feelers out regarding an upcoming Celebration of Life Event in Memory of my Nephew, Landen Palatino, to take place in the Springfield, MA area on September 16th. I've attached a flyer announcing the event and a copy of Landen's Obituary. If you get time to read the obituary, do so with joy and happiness. Thank You.

Unfortunately, most rocket clubs in the region are holding a regularly scheduled launch that day. Not sure if this is because it is convenient for FAA Permitting and Waivers or just part of healthy inter-club competition. In any case, I'm still hoping I can muster up a few hobbyists to help us celebrate the life of my 9 year old nephew, Landen, who passed away on August 27, 2017 after a 20-month illness with brain cancer. The event will be held on Saturday, September 16, 2017 at Fountain Park in Wilbraham, MA. Click Here for the birds-eye view. Park website, explorefountainpark.com

We are not looking for a high-power or high altitude launch. We are hoping to launch 9 rockets in close succession to memorialize each year of Landen's Life. It is common at similar celebrations to release balloons or make some other gesture. Since Landen enjoyed model rocketry so much, my sister asked that we have a rocket launch. Given all the planning and the emotional work that will be required at a celebration like this, I'm hoping to find a few hobbyists or a club that can arrive with gear, equipment, and the experience needed to manage a successful launch. If we can handle hearing his voice over the loudspeakers, we may even have Landen take care of the countdown, as he always did.

Rocket setup can as early as necessary or on Friday. I've attached a flyer. The only thing we need now is ROCKET FLYERS. It's going to be a great event!

Feel free to call at anytime. We will have another meeting on Monday at 230 PM in Wilbraham, MA. If there are comments, concerns, needs or requests to address.
Please let me know as they come up. I explained our rocket ambitions to the land managers yesterday and there were no issue or concerns from the town level.

We are managing a lot during this event. So, we're asking that folks planing to arrive onsite to share in the joy of rocketry, reach out through a club coordinator or myself. All are welcome, but while I would love to host a launch event I do not want passionate hobbyists to show up thinking it is an active launch site for the entirety of the event. There will be a lot going on. Over the coming days, I hope model rocket folks might reach out to me with their expectations and concerns, if any. I'm a very approachable. Please be very forward with me.

I know I'm reaching out to a few clubs here. I cast a big net. I hope that doesn't create any complications.

Thank You all and I hope to formalize planning over the next few days. Thank you so much for being part of Landen's Celebration of Life. Feel free to call at anytime.
LandensLegendaryLife.jpg

Back